Are you ready to see the Doctor?

I have enjoyed watching the BBC this week with the Doctor Who Marathon. I got to see some old favorites and I got the see the few episodes I missed the first time around. Regeneration of the Doctor brings something new to the part. I'm looking forward to seeing what Peter does.

Bring back the one from the early days, I liked the Eggleston guy, and David Tennant did it good, as for the sidekicks Rose Tyler; well she was Ok, but Freema Agyeman :wub: :wub: , and some of the other ladies are superb hotties....

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I got started into Doctor Who when Eccleston was the doctor, he did really good, but for me Tennant is my fav. Matt Smith was ok but he was too much of a clown for me, But the episodes where really good. Capaldi has promise , I like his performance last night and I thought the writing was pretty good. I like how they made several references to old episodes.

Old school Dr. Who fan here. I fell in love with the show when the Iowa PBS stations were showing the episodes in story arc format back in the 1980s, meaning they could be anywhere from an hour to two or three hours long depending on how many 30 minute episodes there were for a particular story. First Doctor I watched was John Pertwee in a Daleks story.

As for the reboots, I take them as they are. I've enjoyed all the Doctors that have come since Davies restarted the series with Eccleston as the Doc. They have had their share of good stories and not so good ones, but all have been entertaining in their own way. And I just need to finish up my Space Spitfire model from "Victory of the Daleks" one of these days.

Saw the season opener on the big screen last night along with 800 other Whovian nerds here in OKC. Enjoyed the event, great tounge-n-cheek intro by Strax.

Glad to see Mr. Capaldi make it to a life long goal. I think he'll do well.

I've been watching Dr Who for a very long time, but then so have many other people, it's a very popular show! I thought Deep Breath was terrific. Cracking dialogue: Dr Who on discovering his accent, "I'm Scottish! Good! Now I can complain a bit more!"; truly terrifying situations; a darker side of the Doctor's character "one of us is lying about his basic programming", and that wonderful scene in the "restaurant" when it dawns on Clara that the Doctor is talking about her personality, not his own, very funny. The acting was just superb, both leads gave cracking performances and the supporting cast was good without distracting from the main story line. There's evidently a number of story arcs to come concerning the reason the Doctor has the face he has now and who is the mysterious woman in Paradise? Looking forward to more. Even the title credits have been spruced up with a nice new title sequence and intro music.

LOVE Dr Who. Started getting into it mid-way through the reboot (circa 2005? Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor). Been following religiously ever since. As for the female companions... Thus far, my favourite is Karen Gillian (Amy Pond).

Edited by Mike C

I've been watching Dr Who for a very long time, but then so have many other people, it's a very popular show! I thought Deep Breath was terrific. Cracking dialogue: Dr Who on discovering his accent, "I'm Scottish! Good! Now I can complain a bit more!"; truly terrifying situations; a darker side of the Doctor's character "one of us is lying about his basic programming", and that wonderful scene in the "restaurant" when it dawns on Clara that the Doctor is talking about her personality, not his own, very funny. The acting was just superb, both leads gave cracking performances and the supporting cast was good without distracting from the main story line. There's evidently a number of story arcs to come concerning the reason the Doctor has the face he has now and who is the mysterious woman in Paradise? Looking forward to more. Even the title credits have been spruced up with a nice new title sequence and intro music.

The Doctor touched on the fact he has seen that face before but did not remember where. I thought his may have saw something in that person. Remember Peter Calpati was in the episode Fires of Pompay .

I thought L.A. traffic was a nightmare until I saw the episode where the trans system was backed up so much that you could get on the road and not move more than a mile in months, and you could walk and actually get someplace before the folks in vehicles would. For the love of Pete I can't remember the name of that episode.

I thought L.A. traffic was a nightmare until I saw the episode where the trans system was backed up so much that you could get on the road and not move more than a mile in months, and you could walk and actually get someplace before the folks in vehicles would. For the love of Pete I can't remember the name of that episode.

Gridlock?

I liked last Saturday's episode too, but I have to watch it again to get the ending. I'm already looking forward to seeing the ending of the larger story arch and find out who and what there Missy person is. I'm not really phyiced about the next episode, I never got in the Robin Hood story and I tend to zone out when it comes to anything of that time period, But I will make every effort to watch it.

He was also in one of the Torchwood "specials".

J

That is true, He was in the Children of Earth series. Even thought Torchwood and Doctor Who are connected, the only reference to the Doctor in CoE was that the Doctor was so disappointing that he turned his back on the population of Earth

tumblr_inline_nb62tfKTRQ1rgw824.gif

a darker side of the Doctor's character "one of us is lying about his basic programming"

The-Twelfth-Doctor-Peter-Capaldi-in-DEEP-BREATH.jpg

"I have the horrible feeling I'm going to have to kill you. Thought you might appreciate a drink first. Know I would."

After so much confusion and schizophrenia, this quiet and nuanced moment revealed just how dark 12 could be. It's not the yelling and the frantic behavior of him post regeneration, this was him at his most truly intense.

... the only reference to the Doctor in CoE was that the Doctor was so disappointing that he turned his back on the population of Earth

Yet, in the season opener we are referred to as 'pudding heads'. Hmmm...Moffat and team are sometimes brilliant in their long-term plots.