Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

The fueltank is a bit too dark. I will correct that. The IP console will be flat black. The floor is deep cockpit color from Life color set. It looks like there are several different shades of black in that cockpit.

20160625_183741_zpsz9veqcnc.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Black rubber from Tamiya was used for the console..it's a deeper black then the floor. I will do some drybrushing on the floor and console.

I also work on the deck and sprayed paint with grainthe specs to give it texture.

20160626_151901_zps69ilwwgf.jpg

We have paint! Only 6 or 8 more months to go! Looking good, Oliver.

Ray

Optimistic today huh?!!! lol

Great job as ussual Oliver, good thing you are posting almost step by step pics!! take all the time you want/need it's really fun following your builds!

Now, i see the end of the tunnel is coming.

Great paintwork, i remember how many time you spent on your huey, and it was well worth the wait. This one will be a stunner too.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

So Oliver, I have a dumb question. Do you glue the parts on then paint them? Or do you paint them, then glue them on?

Example--your center console. Did you glue it onto the floor and then masked it off when you painted the cockpit floor?

Tim

So Oliver, I have a dumb question. Do you glue the parts on then paint them? Or do you paint them, then glue them on?

Example--your center console. Did you glue it onto the floor and then masked it off when you painted the cockpit floor?

Tim

Tim,

there is never a dumb question..i usually try to paint the part first then glue it on, i have also done the opposite...in that instance I glued the console first then painted it.

Tim,

there is never a dumb question..i usually try to paint the part first then glue it on, i have also done the opposite...in that instance I glued the console first then painted it.

That leads me to another question Oliver, how do you do to get a good bond? everytime I try to glue a painted piece I make a mess because of a weak bond, no matter what kind of glue I use, It looks like the only bond is between the two layers of paint and almost all of the time I end up tearing the paint appart

Edited by kike

That leads me to another question Oliver, how do you do to get a good bond? everytime I try to glue a painted piece I make a mess because of a weak bond, no matter what kind of glue I use, It looks like the only bond is between the two layers of paint and almost all of the time I end up tearing the paint appart

Hi Kike,

I always try to picture in my head the painting/gluing sequence before I paint or glue, Whenever I have to put two painted pieces together I only use CA and never liquid glue, if possible i try to sand the parts before gluing but thats not always possible. I have done some paint retouching in some instance. I hope this helps.

oliver

Took a while to get the beams flush.couple holes need to be fixed..I spray grey first so I could check for repairs before I glue the remaining PE.

20160702_104520_zpsdjm7a0pf.jpg

Edited by Rotorman