T-33 Decal Sheet -- Work in Progress

In Development - 1:32 scale markings for camouflaged T-33 Silver Stars. Includes options for RCAF+3, Symmetrical, or FIP era markings with complete stencils for each. It's possible to get 2 complete builds out of this set. Might do a similar set in 1:48 scale at some point depending on what happens in the future with kits. I hope to have these out before the end of the year, it depends on which I get on the press first, this or the CF-104 set (which is also pretty hefty).

~~ WORK IN PROGRESS - SUBJECT TO CHANGE ~~

885479_632712053517234_7502854311834340406_o.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

I'm in for a 48th sheet as well. Not sure if anyone is going to do a new tool T-33 right now though. Still plenty of Academy/Hobbycraft kits out there. Personally, I'd do a 48th scale sooner than later. I think it will sell just fine with the current kits available.

Wow... I see 133345 in there with the big Kiwi under the Mushroom... been waiting for this scheme for a longgggg time...

I am buying two in 1-48th... Please do 1-48th with full stencils... plenty of Hobbycrap kits around...

133345-1.jpg

Unfortunately you're not going to get that amount of stencils in 1:48 scale. Many of them wouldn't even be visible.

This set is designed for the Czech kit, which is still pretty easily available.

Edited by RiderFan

Unfortunately you're not going to get that amount of stencils in 1:48 scale. Many of them wouldn't even be visible.

This set is designed for the Czech kit, which is still pretty easily available.

Well then, I am really dissapointed, I don't do 1-32nd, and I don't believe stencils in 1-48th are invisible... :crying2:

A 0.25" high bit of text in 1:1 scale is only 0.005" tall in 1:48 scale. That's pretty much invisible. Obviously the major ejection seat and warning placards will be there, but the 1:32 set can have a lot more. Maybe it's time to try other scales.

Edited by RiderFan

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with doing full stencils in 48th scale at least....that's just my opinion. I know it sounds cliche, but, other decal companies have provided full stencils for other subject matter on 48th scale sheets, including Canadian aircraft. Also, if a guy wants to put the stencils on his model, but has to source them from another sheet or the kit decals, they may not be appropriate for the scheme they are doing.

Again, only my opinion.

Other decal companies have also done very well selling sheets that are just a single unit's markings and a couple of roundels printed on a home computer and charging 4x as much as I do. Unlike others, all of my sets have as many stencils on them as I think is practical (meaning, they'll be visible once printed) and so far, that's usually far more than anyone else's. I don't think anyone can really complain about the content on my decal sheets. And given what I've seen people pay for less, having full stencils doesn't seem like that much of a sales driver.

Edited by RiderFan

I think there is a difference between visible and legible, I agree that 1-48th stencils may not be legible, but they are visible, like Colin said, Leading Edge and other companies have done it very successfully. Having said that, I can understand that the business case may not be there to print all the visible stencils (time invested vs more sheet sales etc...), heck, maybe only me and Colin give a hoot...

I have never bought a single sheet from that other manufacturer charging an arm and a leg with no stencils what so ever...

It's your company, and these are (some of) your customers speaking...

Keep up the good work !

In any case, stencil numbers aside, I think the subject matter you have produced so far is beyond exceptional. You've released a bunch of stuff that has not been done at all, as far as Canadian subjects go. I'll still be buying this sheet....maybe even in 32nd scale as well.

I hope you don't think I'm stepping on your toes, David. Just trying to offer a different perspective I suppose. The subject matter will always drive sales, stencils are just a nice bonus.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone.

Happy to announce that the 1:48 scale edition of this set is now available for purchase from my website. 1:32 scale to follow in the new year.

To date, I think this is the best decal set Canuck Models has printed.

thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan
  • 1 month later...

Looks great. I have a partially built T-33, and was wondering what decals to put on it. Looks like I found my choice. I just received my CF-188 sheet and I like it very much. Very thin, and very sharp. Well done David!

Cheers

Brad