It´s probably designed by a pipe smoking pedantic man in a tweed jacket.. I envision that all engineers at SAAB at that time looked like my grandfather.. :-)

The picture above shows the landing gear of an SH 37. Do you know if there were any differences between the "gen 1" Viggens (AJ, SH, SF and Sk) and the 2nd generation, the JA? I can´t remember seeing anything to that effect.

Not like the Gripen where there are differences between all versions and even between aircraft of the same version (a new built C doesn´t look exactly like an A2C C apparently)

It´s probably designed by a pipe smoking pedantic man in a tweed jacket.. I envision that all engineers at SAAB at that time looked like my grandfather.. :-)

The picture above shows the landing gear of an SH 37. Do you know if there were any differences between the "gen 1" Viggens (AJ, SH, SF and Sk) and the 2nd generation, the JA? I can´t remember seeing anything to that effect.

Not like the Gripen where there are differences between all versions and even between aircraft of the same version (a new built C doesn´t look exactly like an A2C C apparently)

Not that I'm aware of ay least, at first I thought the nose gear could be different on JA than the earlier models...but when I checked it was just Tarangus that had it wrong :P

Sanity is relative.. but those sure are nice looking ground connection devices..

Strange how flimsy they always look on scale models, while seeing them close up, they look really sturdy..

Here´s the real thing, for those of you who aren't that familiar with the Viggen.

DSC9986.jpg

Erik_G,

Excellent picture. One thing that just seems odd is the difference in air pressure from one tire to the next. The one on the left looks either like it has gone flat, or is kept at about half the pressure of the other tire.

Joel

It's a museum aircraft, Joel. When the aircraft was operational it was inflated at a very high pressure, to cope with the harder than normal direct landings.

Apart from that and the removal of pyrotechnical devices, I believe the aircraft remains in the state it was when it was flown to the museum.

However, it probably takes a bit more than a truckload of JET A1 to get it off the ground due to aging of seals and gaskets and whatnot..

Not to mention the amount of red tape..

Janne, actually - two lights goes into the well.. apparently the Viggen has a total of three landing lights, all in the nose. Probably high beam, low beam and daylight running lights.. ;-)

DSC9962.jpg

...or one card short of a full deck.. not quite the shilling..

But the light you can probably make out of transparent sprue or something :-)

Or just hope that the sadistic judges don´t look there, even after I tipped them off.

/E

• 2 weeks later...

There...the decals are done!

Got some company in my hobby room while putting together tracks for a side project...

IMG_2145_zps7hhaxu2j.jpg

The side projects while I was waiting for some decals....a M60 A1 and a late Jagdpanther :D

IMG_2146_zpsijrdmlmi.jpg

Well what was it that was the hold up? It was these divisional marks...small but important details!

On the left side the "David Blå, battle moose" second division at F4...

IMG_2147_zpshputzqf6.jpg

and on the right side the first division, "David Röd, great lake monster"

IMG_2148_zpsvznebmx2.jpg

These decals were made for me by Anders Nowotny, I´m eternally greatful and they look fantastic!!

Now then all the decals are on!

IMG_2149_zpsib6gi5sc.jpg

IMG_2150_zpsmngtpchm.jpg

IMG_2151_zpszgoydmje.jpg

IMG_2152_zpsiw3o36qd.jpg

IMG_2153_zpsbjhpytyl.jpg

I´ll put doen a final coat of gloss varnish to seal the decals and then it´s time to continue weathering!

Cheers!

were those decals made on a normal inkjet printer using decal paper, or something better?

I have always wondered about the decal paper thing, so would like some feedback if they were made like that.

PS Keep up the great work!

Duncan

Malta :)/>

were those decals made on a normal inkjet printer using decal paper, or something better?

I have always wondered about the decal paper thing, so would like some feedback if they were made like that.

PS Keep up the great work!

Duncan

Malta :)/>/>

Thanx Duncan :D

They were made with an Alps-printer, printed on ordinary clear decal film.

An ink jet printer doesn't print white nor metallic hues...I think

Janne,

Those decals do indeed look great. And your two side projects are coming out rather good. I've got 9 pieces of USA armor and 1 Israeli tank in my display case. Don't forget to post some pictures when you're done weathering them. You could always have your two boys do them for you. :taunt:/> :whistle:/>

Joel

Janne,

Those decals do indeed look great. And your two side projects are coming out rather good. I've got 9 pieces of USA armor and 1 Israeli tank in my display case. Don't forget to post some pictures when you're done weathering them. You could always have your two boys do them for you. :taunt:/>/> :whistle:/>/>

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Sure, they'll end up in the armor forum when they're done..... two girls actually ;)

Forgot locking my hobby room once and found my eldest going wroom with my sdkfz251 halftrack on the floor :P

Thanx Joel :D/>

Sure, they'll end up in the armor forum when they're done..... two girls actually ;)/>

Forgot locking my hobby room once and found my eldest going wroom with my sdkfz251 halftrack on the floor :P/>

Janne,

You constantly surprise me. You're a modeler with many talents, not just aircraft. I'm starting to feel the need for a break from aircraft. For me that just might be a 1/20 scale race car.

Joel

Forgot locking my hobby room once and found my eldest going wroom with my sdkfz251 halftrack on the floor :P/>

My kids have never touched my models. I don´t know why. They have never been locked in, and I have never needed to stop them from "looking closer" as kids do, with their hands and mouths and what not. Maybe because they fear me (I guess Janne is on the floor laughing now) or because I built them models of their own to play with (for some strange reason, both kids, the son and daughter, picked motorcycle kits as their toy kit - the only two motorcycle model kits I have built. The Tamiya ones are really nice!).

I did have an episode where a boy visiting with his mom had gone and picked my Tamiya Tiger 1E with all the Aber PE-fittings from a shelf, placed it on the floor and furiously spun the turret around while making wroom-noises and while all the miniscule PE-parts were flying in every direction.. The poor Tiger was never himself after that..

Ännyväj, those decals looks really nice. Far better than my adventures with the large format vinyl sticker printer/cutter at work.