Look what I found.......

Put it on eBay. LOL

Thanks for sharing that. Reminds me of $6 Monogram Tomcats and F-105Gs. :)

Those were the days my friend I hoped they'd never end. Remember the $2.50 1/32 P-51 (kind of toyish with retractable landing gear knob.

Boy does that bring back memories! I used to buy my models and glue at the Ben Franklin store when I was a kid (early 1070's). The owner made me show a note from my dad that I was allowed to buy glue. And while building, my dad made sure I capped it when I wasn't using it. Those were the days!

Tom

Ahhh...the good ol days. Sears, J.C. Pennys AND Montgomery Wards all had large model sections (several aisles) and even had several pages of them in their catalogs. I remember dreaming about the Tamiya 1/350 scale Enterprise Carrier kit reading my aunt's Ward's catalog. I wanted that model SOOOOO bad.

Thanks for that memory.

Bill

Ahhh...the good ol days. Sears, J.C. Pennys AND Montgomery Wards all had large model sections (several aisles) and even had several pages of them in their catalogs. I remember dreaming about the Tamiya 1/350 scale Enterprise Carrier kit reading my aunt's Ward's catalog. I wanted that model SOOOOO bad.

Thanks for that memory.

Bill

When I joined the Navy in 1987 and then had some money in my pocket while at Jet Mechanic school in Millington, I went to the base hobby shop and picked up two kits.....1/32 Tamiya F-14A (and actually built it!) and then the 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise. I was like a new dad or something. I was full of pride and handing out cigars, etc......LOL! (no, not really)

Remember when the model companies used to give out built model displays of the newest kit they had available? Sometimes it would come out with a cardboard display that made it look a bit like the box top. The HU-16 was a good example or the DO-17. Sometimes it came with its own clear plastic box.

Never could talk the shop owners out of any.

Back in the '80s, my mom used to work for Sears. As a young teenager, I spent loads of time in the model airplane aisles and using my mom's employee discount. Oh those carefree memories of summer spent at the air-conditioned mall just buying up model airplanes....

On a side note, I remember walking out of the local hobby shop around 1986 with the huge Monogram 1/72 B-36. Does anyone recall how much they would have cost back then?

Eric