I was more looking to do a f-c mainly looking at hasagawa but way out of my price range I found a revel for under 30 dollars,i still do not understand being that the c model are slowly being replaced so what still makes model kit over 50 dollars from hasagawa or is any0ne selling one unstarted

I was more looking to do a f18-c mainly looking at hasagawa but way out of my price range I found a revel for under 30 dollars,i still do not understand being that the c model are slowly being replaced so what still makes model kit over 50 dollars from hasagawa or is any0ne selling one unstarted

Sir, no offense but they are NOT the same molds they are a poor copy.

Not sure "poor" is the proper word. Shape wise, they're not much different. Assembly wise, they're nearly identical. And sorry, but for 65 dollars for the hasegawa out, I shouldn't be spending hours scraping off flash from tired molds that are past their time frame. For folks to recommend the very out of shape revell molds before the newer HB molds doesn't seem to make much sense. I've built one of all three kits. Which was why I was recommending the a suitabke mid ground. Or, pay the 70 bucks for a box of flash. It's to each their own I suppose.

Not sure "poor" is the proper word. Shape wise, they're not much different. Assembly wise, they're nearly identical. And sorry, but for 65 dollars for the hasegawa out, I shouldn't be spending hours scraping off flash from tired molds that are past their time frame. For folks to recommend the very out of shape revell molds before the newer HB molds doesn't seem to make much sense. I've built one of all three kits. Which was why I was recommending the a suitabke mid ground. Or, pay the 70 bucks for a box of flash. It's to each their own I suppose.

Are you sure you are talking about the same kit? I've built 4 1/48 hasegawa hornets with another in progress, 20 others in the stash including some of the newest boxings, and none have any flash. My only complaint about the kit is some injector pin marks on the gear doors and the fit of the intakes can be a bit better, but overall a good kit. I'll take it over copy boss any time.

Also you can regularly get them on ebay for less than $50 shipped. Newer boxings with updated parts you can get from amazon for $55 shipped.

The HB kit is identical to the Hase kit..the only difference is it doesn't include the actuators for the dropped flaps.

I haven't had too many Hasegawa kits with a bunch of flash on them, but the last few hornet kits I got were pretty much flash-less (for lack of a better term).

Edited by VFA-103guy

The HB kit is identical to the Hase kit..the only difference is it doesn't include the actuators for the dropped flaps.

Hasegawa has white metal landing gear. Whether or not that is a pro or con is up for debate.

I've built one Hasegawa F/A-18C and havery one in work... Got an easy half dozen on the shelf waiting their turn on the bench as well... Not a lick of flash on any of them, and all were either bought secondhand, traded, and I think one I bought on sale for under 45 dollars. No way on earth I'd pay 70 bucks for one with the deals to be had out there.

Edited by Neeko

I've built one Hasegawa F/A-18C and have one in work at the moment on the bench... Got an easy half dozen on the shelf waiting their turn on the bench as well... Not a lick of flash on any of them, and all were either bought secondhand, traded, and I think one I bought on sale for under 45 dollars. No way on earth I'd pay 70 bucks for one with the deals to be had out there.