Buyer is upset over the fit of a model kit...

You mean I could've gotten a refund for all those Condor, Amodel, and Eastern Express kits I have?!

Also, it sounds like this guy is trying to pull a fast one. He bought it, he broke it. It's not your fault he had subpar skills and don't owe him even the thought of a penny.

... This person is apparently a little knowledgeable about model kits as he knows of which brands have a perceived 'high' quality.

I hope this works out for you. Someone who knows enough about "which brands have a perceived 'high' quality" should also understand your role was to deliver the as-described kit in a timely manner, not to ensure that it was properly built.

Good God. If he can't get the two fuselage halves glued together straight, that isn't your problem. A 3 minute bath in nearly boiling water would have had those lined up straight as an arrow. Even without that, alittle work would have them lined up. Poo on him.

So I accepted a return from the buyer... I could've won the dispute as I did not violate eBay's money back guarantee policy or my own return policy but I did not want to risk a possible negative feedback. Plus the photos from the buyer showed that the parts were mostly clean and undamaged. Apparently the buyer used the wrong glue. From the residue it appears yellowish green in color and did not damage the parts in any way, it appears similar to white glue.

The two fuselage parts are slightly misaligned in their natural relaxed state but when I actually pushed and clamped the halves together for assembly everything lined up with no issue nor did I see any warping or shape loss.

He had to pay for return shipping so I only lost a few dollars from the original shipping. I decided not to get nasty with the buyer as he really was clueless, it appears he just wanted to slap the thing together with no effort and get great results. I directed him to this forum so hopefully he learns something and takes up this hobby.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I did make sure to add a more detailed disclaimer in all of my listings regarding returns to protect myself for nuts :rolleyes:/>

So I accepted a return from the buyer... I could've won the dispute as I did not violate eBay's money back guarantee policy or my own return policy but I did not want to risk a possible negative feedback. Plus the photos from the buyer showed that the parts were mostly clean and undamaged. Apparently the buyer used the wrong glue. From the residue it appears yellowish green in color and did not damage the parts in any way, it appears similar to white glue.

The two fuselage parts are slightly misaligned in their natural relaxed state but when I actually pushed and clamped the halves together for assembly everything lined up with no issue nor did I see any warping or shape loss.

He had to pay for return shipping so I only lost a few dollars from the original shipping. I decided not to get nasty with the buyer as he really was clueless, it appears he just wanted to slap the thing together with no effort and get great results. I directed him to this forum so hopefully he learns something and takes up this hobby.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I did make sure to add a more detailed disclaimer in all of my listings regarding returns to protect myself for nuts :r

All I can say is that you must be some kind of saint- and I really, really hope the buyer posts something here. I'm sure he will receive a very warm welcome. :chain-gun:

I've really sold a lot on eBay this year. Through that I have learned eBay does listen to the seller. They are starting to recognize sellers are valuable to them and there are buyers taking advantage of the system.

This guy is a whack-job. Stand your ground.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I did make sure to add a more detailed disclaimer in all of my listings regarding returns to protect myself for nuts :rolleyes:/>/>

This is known as the cost of doing business, and is a part of life if you sell pretty much anything.

And I don't think the guy is a whack-job - just someone not familiar with our hobby and the trials and tribulations thereof.