Boobs on the nose of a Desert Storm CH-53E.....have pictures, need inp

Gentlemen,

Through Facebook, I was able to acquire photos of more CH-53E's from HMH-466 that had images painted into the camouflage schemes. One in particular had large breasts, the torso and open legs of a female painted on the nose. The RWR antenna's served as the nipples of the breasts.

Now, here is the problem......the aircraft never flew a single mission with that artwork on it. According to the Marine that painted it, he felt it was a bit over the top and covered it up when finishing the new paint job. He plans on sending me his notes to confirm the BuNo/Modex, as well as the colors he used (they were house paints provided the Saudi's).

Knowing the aircraft never actually flew with these markings, would you still buy a decal sheet with them included? There would of course be other options on the sheet, including one with the Playboy Bunny painted on the port side of the forward fuselage.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Dave

Dave to be honest I understand why kids seeing it is a concern. However, I personally think the decal sheet is a great idea. If a person has kids then by all means they should not purchase it. Would I build that kit with those decals then display it at a show, I don't know I haven't seen the images yet to make that determination. However, a few years back there were risque decals for F-105's and I saw them displayed at shows and on this website. In my model group we have no kids involved and it would certainly be conversation piece. I say go for it, especially if it is accompanied by other interesting subjects. No one says they have to use those particular decals. Maybe you should include them as a bonus with other popular MH-53E artwork, whichever that may be. Just my $0.02.

Edited by gonzalo

Dunno what the big deal is, the "Pussy Galore" F-105 from Vietnam is quite popular still. If I built a CH-53 I'd probably pick a set of these up.

To each their own. I just think kids don't need to see an outline of breasts and open legged woman on a model.

Besides, I'm a preacher, so I most definitely don't want to see that stuff in my hobby.

JM2CW!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Preachers are the biggest hypocrites. Just do what you want and if folks do not agree with them then they should shield their eyes or, even better yet, not go out their way to look for them and then pretend to be offended. As for the wives, the same ones that act all offended about such things and pretend to be all morally pure often exhibit the exact opposite behind closed doors. That is why preachers marry them to begin with usually. I'm just keeping it real.

Pull up some George Carlin on YouTube sometime and it will all become clearer.

Note: Yes, I know I am being a realistic prick about this, but at least I have the balls to speak up.

Since everyone else is airing their personal take on it... if as a society we'd stop treating bodies (primarily women's, but men's as well) as inherently sexual objects then this wouldn't be an issue at all. It's only this mystification/objectification of bodies and of sex that manufacture a problem where there doesn't need to be one. It's just nature, no different than a tree. And besides... every kid has seen them.

Anyways, to the point at hand, if I were to ever feel the need to build a CH-53 and these were available, I'd consider buying it, because it is an interesting subject.

Are we going to censor reality or re-write history again ?

If you don't like it, don't look or don't buy it.

we make choices everyday if we watch TV. If we don't like what we see, we change the channel.

with this particular subject, in this country (USA): the very men and women in uniform who use CH-53's risk their lives everyday to give us the freedom of speech to make these choices every day.

I for one certainly do not agree with many topics that our freedom of speech allows, but I do respect the right of individuals to say what they feel

If the CH-53E has "nipples" on the nose: not having seen the photo, I assume that it the RHAW gear unless it's artwork.

Either way, it's reality..

Oh boy, let the games begin.....

with respect

Frank

Preachers are the biggest hypocrites. Just do what you want and if folks do not agree with them then they should shield their eyes or, even better yet, not go out their way to look for them and then pretend to be offended. As for the wives, the same ones that act all offended about such things and pretend to be all morally pure often exhibit the exact opposite behind closed doors. That is why preachers marry them to begin with usually. I'm just keeping it real.

Note: Yes, I know I am being a realistic prick about this, but at least I have the balls to speak up.

Are we going to censor reality or re-write history again ?

If you don't like it, don't look or don't buy it.

we make choices everyday if we watch TV. If we don't like what we see, we change the channel.

with this particular subject, in this country (USA): the very men and women in uniform who use CH-53's risk their lives everyday to give us the freedom of speech to make these choices every day.

I for one certainly do not agree with many topics that our freedom of speech allows, but I do respect the right of individuals to say what they feel

If the CH-53E has "nipples" on the nose: not having seen the photo, I assume that it the RHAW gear unless it's artwork.

Either way, it's reality..

Oh boy, let the games begin.....

with respect

Frank

SMHS...

Well, let's not pass up an op to take a cheap shot now shall we?

Dave just asked who would buy it. Some answered yes, some no. The ones who cited religious convictions, or, heaven forbid, age appropriateness are slammed as hypocrites or, trying to rewrite history.

How about this? I build what I want to build, you build what you want to build. A manufacture asks for an opinion, i'll give mine and you give yours?

That will never work. To the naysayers always play the religious hypocrite card, censorship, etc. etc.

Me? I'd never buy it, because, it never flew with those markings. Want to put tits on a CH-53 that are so unique they were painted over almost immediately? Knock yourself out..

You mean this one? Yeah, I'd buy it if you do it in 1/72. I also think it would be better if it were a mask instead of decals. That would make matching the colors easier.

As for all the brouhaha, build what you like. It's not as provocative as the Pussy Galore F-105 but it's also not the Venus de Milo (just had to throw that in there!).

Prick. No one asked you. This thread is not about your opinions on preachers. Keep it to yourself.

Edited by midnightprowler

Knowing the aircraft never actually flew with these markings, would you still buy a decal sheet with them included?

I wouldn't want to use that scheme for various reasons. It says something if the young marine painting it thought it was so raunchy he didn't even think it was appropriate. With so many CH-53's to choose from I'd go for a combat one instead over gaudy very-very short lived noseart. But you asked if I'd buy the sheet if they were included on the sheet, that answer is yes I'd buy the sheet as I'd be interested in the other H-53's presumably - just not that specific scheme but if it was on the sheet I would not-not buy it because it was there if that makes sense.

SMHS...

Well, let's not pass up an op to take a cheap shot now shall we?

Dave just asked who would buy it. Some answered yes, some no. The ones who cited religious convictions, or, heaven forbid, age appropriateness are slammed as hypocrites or, trying to rewrite history.

How about this? I build what I want to build, you build what you want to build. A manufacture asks for an opinion, i'll give mine and you give yours?

That will never work. To the naysayers always play the religious hypocrite card, censorship, etc. etc.

Me? I'd never buy it, because, it never flew with those markings. Want to put tits on a CH-53 that are so unique they were painted over almost immediately? Knock yourself out..

Build and buy are too different things. For me I have a bunch of decals what will never get built, probably like a lot folks here. Don't know anyone who has built all the options on a decal sheet. I can see Rick and Tim not getting the sheet either way with other options presented but if they wanted of the other non sex options they could get those 3rd party from someone who has the sheet. Having one option that has not flown on a decal sheet would not stop me buying, I also probably won't build that option either for that reason.

I got tons of WWII nose art with beautiful girls, in fact the new P-400 from Eduard just went on my wants list to the wife last night. I have three girls. They know what this artwork meant, they don't agree with it in the house, but they respect why their Dad will build them. I think this is personal choice. I would check the polls and if you have enough, I say do it! If you don't want to buy it then don't. I would buy one.

-Jim

You mean this one? Yeah, I'd buy it if you do it in 1/72. I also think it would be better if it were a mask instead of decals. That would make matching the colors easier.

As for all the brouhaha, build what you like. It's not as provocative as the Pussy Galore F-105 but it's also not the Venus de Milo (just had to throw that in there!).

No, it is not any of those aircraft. I already covered the 53 with the nude figure on the left side of the fuselage on one of my last releases.

What Jaroslav Hasek wrote around 1922 in the epilogue to part 1 of his masterpiece, "The Adventures of the Good Soldier Svejk in the World War" is as true now as it was then, almost a century ago. A few excerpts:

"It was once said, and very rightly, that a man who is well brought-up may read anything. The only people who boggle at what is perfectly natural are those who are the worst swine and the finest experts in filth."

"Those who boggle at strong language are cowards, because it is real life which is shocking them, and weaklings like that are the very people who cause the most harm to culture and character. They would like to see the nation grow up into a group of over-sensitive little people - masturbators of false culture of the type of St Aloysius, of whom it is said in the book of the monk Eustachius that when he heard a man breaking wind with deafening noise he immediately burst into tears and could only be consoled by prayers."

"People like that proclaim their indignation in public but take unusual pleasure in going to public lavatories to read obscene inscriptions on the walls."

"Beneath this camouflage these drawing-room lions indulge in the worst vices and excesses."

Hasek was, of course, referring to the use of coarse language including references to sex and other bodily functions, but his point is applicable to everything else, and the current subject, too.

Of course this is a subject on which volumes have been written, and it's way too off-topic to go into in detail, but to sum up, my breasts aren't any more inherently sexual or inappropriate than my hands or my nose. Even the ancients understood that it is entirely possible to be appreciative of the aesthetics of the human body without it degrading into lasciviousness. And even then, far, far more damaging than sex is the glorification of violence and intense competition.

As for the decals, it's no different than pig's brain - I like it, so I buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but it's not your place to judge me for it, nor your place to prevent me from buying it simply based on your own dislike or discomfort.