F-15E loadout identification

...2 GBU-12...GBU-31...3 GBU-38. The -38s and -31 are with radar sensor fuse...I am really confused with the missile on the wing pylon...it looks like Amraam ...is not AIM-120...from a modellers stand point, it looks like "wrong scale" Harm...

Edited by zark

...2 GBU-12...GBU-31...3 GBU-38. The -38s and -31 are with radar sensor fuse...I am really confused with the missile on the wing pylon...it looks like Amraam ...is not AIM-120...from a modellers stand point, it looks like "wrong scale" Harm...

Most definitely an AIM-120. The later versions have "clipped" fins to fit on platforms with internal weapons bays.

It's an AIM-120C. The other wing would more than likely have an AIM-9M on the outer station. GBU-31's can be found in Hasegawa Weapons Set D. Wolfpack Design makes GBU-38's. You can also find them in the new releases of Academy F-15E and F-15I's.

Aaron

Hasegawa's weapons set D+E also have these bombs and missiles.

The missile is an AIM-120C or -D, with the clipped wings as already mentioned. The AIM-9M is not used anymore, being replaced by the AIM-9X.

The missile is an AIM-120C or -D, with the clipped wings as already mentioned. The AIM-9M is not used anymore, being replaced by the AIM-9X.

Did the -9X finally make it's way to the Strike Eagle? Thought they were still using -9M's until recently?

AIM-9X is not operational on the F-15E yet. Besides, this picture is a few years old.

Aaron

EDIT: I just did some research, and there is nothing out there that supports the F-15E having AIM-9X yet. They ARE starting to get JHMCS, which is a step in the right direction, but nothing about AIM-9X yet. Truthfully, I doubt they will go through the trouble. The AIM-9M is still a capable missile, and the F-15E is not tasked with air-to-air...The F-15E has the capability of being a great dog fighter, but it isn't used that way in the USAF. Missiles are defensive-only.

Edited by strikeeagle801