Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
EagleAviation

ICARUS DECALS

Recommended Posts

Dear fellow modelers all the Icarus decals inventory in 1/48, 1/32 and 1/72 scale are now available at  http://scaleindetail.com/aftermarket/decals

If you are looking for something that its out of stock drop me an e-mail or PM I usually re-stock within a few days. 

 

48002A_zpskrklgo7j.jpg

 

48004A_zpsoeiafubo.jpg

 

48003A_zpsl6kttuva.jpg

 

Edited by EagleAviation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news always on the look out for supplies of Icarus decals.

 

Any further news on the Apache decals you mentioned a few months back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greek Apache? That will be a hit! Besides, the book of the greek Apache from J.Lekkas is stunning, or better: super stunning!

Hm, good to see icarus available again. Does it mean these decals are in production again when you say: tell me when there is something out of stock..."?

I know someone who desperately looks for Phantom stencils, but in 1/32. (Crazy Snap Captain).

A propos f-4 stencils: what is needed for a RF-4E in 1/48? The "american" Rf-4E in TAC scheme camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original delivered RF-4E's were stencilled in Grey and White, with Grey being used on the undersides and on the Tan areas with White on the Green areas.

 

A couple of the ex Luftwaffe RF's have been painted in the SEA scheme 7486,7491 with 7491 being stencilled the same as the originals, but 7486 appears to have all stencils in Medium Grey( note the Grey Icarus decals are darker)

Edited by scotthldr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Greek Apache? That will be a hit! Besides, the book of the greek Apache from J.Lekkas is stunning, or better: super stunning!

Hm, good to see icarus available again. Does it mean these decals are in production again when you say: tell me when there is something out of stock..."?

I know someone who desperately looks for Phantom stencils, but in 1/32. (Crazy Snap Captain).

A propos f-4 stencils: what is needed for a RF-4E in 1/48? The "american" Rf-4E in TAC scheme camo.

 

Icarus Decals is out of business. I just have access to their stock and can re-sell them. Some time in the future that stock will run out! 

 

This is list with all Icarus decals that are available. All other sets that are produced and are not shown here are sold out. Sorry I have missed the 1/72nd scale sets. 

 

If you don't see one of these sets in my e-shop or its out of stock I can get it in a few days.

 

 

48001

F-104G Olympus

48002

HAF Jets part 1

48003

HAF Jets part 2

48004

F/RF-4E stencils black

48005

F/RF-4E stencils white

48006

F/RF-4E stencils grey

48007

RF-4E anniversary

48008

Colorful Mirage F1

48009

F/TF-102A

48011

F-5A anniversary "Star"

48013

HAF F-86E Sabres

48014

HAF T/RT-33A

48015

HAF Mirage F1

48016

A-7E anniversary Olympos

48017

HAF F-84G Thunderjets

48019

HAF F-86D Sabre Dog

48020

A-7 stencils

48021

F/RF-84F stencils

48022

F-84G stencils

48023

RF-4E new anniversary

48024

Greek WW2 Allied Aces

48025

HAF F-5s part 2

   

32003

HAF F-16C/D

32004

HAF F-4E

32005

HAF A-7

32006

A-7 stencils

32007

HAF F-104G

32008

F-104G stencils

32009

F-84G stencils

 

 

 

 

Edited by EagleAviation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some pics of F-4E's in ghost scheme (none AUP) which appear to have white stencils. If they aren't white then they are an extremely light grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I have some pics of F-4E's in ghost scheme (none AUP) which appear to have white stencils. If they aren't white then they are an extremely light grey.

They should be gray. This is an F-4E SRA at the retirement ceremony in 2005 

DSC_0263_zpsynerlo7r.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically the sheet I could be done with (48012 RF-84) is sold out.

 

I thought that Fasma models were going to take on the Icarus production? Will be sad to see such great subjects and high quality decals go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

Typically the sheet I could be done with (48012 RF-84) is sold out.

 

I thought that Fasma models were going to take on the Icarus production? Will be sad to see such great subjects and high quality decals go.

 

Yes that sheet is sold out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EagleAviation said:

Thank you guys! Scott is absolutely right. Now the American RF-4Es bear the white stenciling. 

 

 

I see! I have to check my decal stash...so for a TAC RF-4E I need a white and a grey stencil sheet. For an aegean blue F-4E I need black stencils (so far I could see in the phantom under the skin book), right?

Yes, too bad, the RF/F-84 sheet is out! Now that we have the nice Tanmodel RF kit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tobiK said:

 

I see! I have to check my decal stash...so for a TAC RF-4E I need a white and a grey stencil sheet. For an aegean blue F-4E I need black stencils (so far I could see in the phantom under the skin book), right?

Yes, too bad, the RF/F-84 sheet is out! Now that we have the nice Tanmodel RF kit...

 

Yes you are right my friend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:40 AM, delta_dagger61 said:

 

 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:28 AM, Dutch said:

 

 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, thegoodsgt said:

 

 

20 hours ago, Corey said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the fellows that purchased decals through my e-shop I have refunded some of the shipping. There was a problem with the system and it took the least weight as 500 gr that costs more than the decals actually weigh. Now its back in order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Icarus out of business. Did not know this.

 

I just recently used one of their sheets for my F-84 and it was an amazing sheet. The decals settled down like paint and the carrier film just disappeared. Loved them. Picked up the stencilling sheet and will update my Tamiya kit with that sheet. Great decals.

 

I see they also do a T-33 sheet and I think I can use that one on the new GWH kit. Will have to go over your list and see what else I need. Oh sorry I meant want :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a spare or unwanted 48-012 F/RF-84 sheet, they're willing to sell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow Icarus out of business. Did not know this.

 

I just recently used one of their sheets for my F-84 and it was an amazing sheet. The decals settled down like paint and the carrier film just disappeared. Loved them. Picked up the stencilling sheet and will update my Tamiya kit with that sheet. Great decals.

 

I see they also do a T-33 sheet and I think I can use that one on the new GWH kit. Will have to go over your list and see what else I need. Oh sorry I meant want :rolleyes:

 

The owner, Christos Papathanasiou (hope I got the spelling correct), passed away around summertime 2015.

Edited by Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 7:29 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Wow Icarus out of business. Did not know this.

 

I just recently used one of their sheets for my F-84 and it was an amazing sheet. The decals settled down like paint and the carrier film just disappeared. Loved them. Picked up the stencilling sheet and will update my Tamiya kit with that sheet. Great decals.

 

I see they also do a T-33 sheet and I think I can use that one on the new GWH kit. Will have to go over your list and see what else I need. Oh sorry I meant want :rolleyes:

 

The T-33 sheet is superb! I have the GWH kit and I am thinking to finish it with that. 

 

48014B_zpscgiicmfd.jpg

 

48014A_zpsqou0ydxu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup it is the first scheme on that sheet I am looking at. There is a nice build on cybermodeler.com using that sheet with the GWH kit so that is what triggered my interest.
 I should post a pic of my F-84 so you can see how nice the decals go down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a couple shots of my Tamiya 1/48 F-84 using the Icarus decals. As I mentioned I still have to add some more of the stencilling. I did not use the ones supplied by Tamiya. I did not use the black checker board decals provided by Icarus as I felt I could mask and paint them better myself.

 

 

Tamiya F84 port.jpg

Edited by skyhawk174

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...