ARC Discussion Forums

Posted (edited)

What I thought would be a quick project (a few weeks, a month at most) ended up taking a few days more than a year! Long hours at work and a few other modelling projects took all the momentum out of this build and just recently, I got interested in it again and finally completed it yesterday.

Here are a few photos of the completed model:

GnetVmR.jpg
wMcNy3I.jpg
9K9kfIE.jpg
Iftk86y.jpg
wAO8VbP.jpg
Ez7PUwE.jpg
ZkRpIB4.jpg
gyw3CTQ.jpg
6OBmpM0.jpg
htk9CHk.jpg

It was built using Revell's 1:144 EA-18G Growler.

I hope you like it

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

Edited by marcopreto

For 1/144 you have done a great job, Marco. :thumbsup2:

I have a Hasegawa kit of the EA-18G and I hope it looks as good as yours when I finish it.

Great build, it's sooo tiny. That unit came to Aviano to help in OOD/OUP with less than 200hrs and a brand new paint job. They parked that specific aircraft in my units hanger (the 510th) for fuels maintenance and my crew chiefs drew a huge male appendage on one of the external fuel tanks :taunt:. Needless to say the units Master Chief Petty Officer came over and gave my leadership an earful. Again, great build.

Posted (edited)
On 24/07/2017 at 7:27 PM, Matthew83128 said:

Great build, it's sooo tiny. That unit came to Aviano to help in OOD/OUP with less than 200hrs and a brand new paint job. They parked that specific aircraft in my units hanger (the 510th) for fuels maintenance and my crew chiefs drew a huge male appendage on one of the external fuel tanks :taunt:. Needless to say the units Master Chief Petty Officer came over and gave my leadership an earful. Again, great build.

Thanks! If only I knew that story while I was painting it! :rofl:

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

Edited by marcopreto