CD72090 - 1/72 P-3 Orion Part 1

Kursad,

Can we get some Canadian options, both CAF and RCAF? Canuck Models is no longer and Leading Edge Models does not have 1/72 CP-140 decals, he doesn’t produce much anymore at all. He only releases past decals occasionally.

The out of production options are rare and when they do appear on eBay they go for an arm and a leg.

I’m a 1/48 builder although this is one 1/72 kit I will build.

On 12/25/2023 at 7:53 PM, Bo105flyer said:

Hey, where did you see this?  I tried googling Academy 1/72 P-3C Orion and nothing as far as this kit came up. I would like to see more.

Thanks for sharing & Happy Holidays!

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Spring, LA

Facebook

On 12/26/2023 at 3:23 AM, Bo105flyer said:

Hey, where did you see this?  I tried googling Academy 1/72 P-3C Orion and nothing as far as this kit came up. I would like to see more.

Thanks for sharing & Happy Holidays!

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Spring, LA

On 12/27/2023 at 7:09 PM, sda1976 said:

Facebook

It was posted by 'Aviation in Scale' on FB, he is not alluding to the origins of the image at this stage. Academy is speculation by some followers due to the rendering of the image.

• 1 month later...

" Steve,  Maybe Kursad can make an "Electronic / Recon Orion" sheet separate from the line squadrons just like he made a "USAF C-135 Recon Variants" sheet in 1/72 or "RC-135 Recon Variants" sheet in 1/144 for the C-135.   I like the idea!  Kind regards, Dutch "

That is pretty much the only way that I can do this - I will plan this for later in the year.

Bump

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

I would prefer this low vis Camo scheme if it isn’t different that those already mentioned.   Maybe the sun light but it looks darker than ones previously shown in this thread. 
Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

IMG_0541.png

• 2 months later...

He actually posted that it's a June release. Why would you badger a one man show putting out a product you can't get anywhere else? I too want the Horsham Orions (my grandparents lived there and I spent hundreds of hours on that fence). VP-66 and VP-64 are on the same sheet, what are the chances of that?! Why post this? If I were Kursad I would say, "have a go at the decal business bro" and ban you from buying any. If he's nicer than me you'll get some in June, like he posted......FFS

Edited by sideshow
emphasis