CD144020 - 1/144 SAC B-52 Part 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CD144020 is basically a scaled-down version of CD72097 plus a Griffiss-based jet ("SAC Time") that I previously included in CD72077.

There is another sheet with serial numbers and wing walkways.

cd144020.jpg

Beautiful!  Thank you Kursad!

Would it be safe to assume that there will also be a corresponding sheet for the new Roden 1/144 KC-135R kit using many of the same bomb wing subdued artwork for the Shamu scheme?

What was that old chewing gum advertisement with the cute twins? "Double your pleasure, double your fun!"

Edited by Dutch
4 hours ago, Dutch said:

Would it be safe to assume that there will also be a corresponding sheet for the new Roden 1/144 KC-135R kit using many of the same bomb wing subdued artwork for the Shamu scheme?

What was that old chewing gum advertisement with the cute twins? "Double your pleasure, double your fun!"

Doublemint, Doublemint, Doublemint Gum!

6 hours ago, Dutch said:

That sounds so appealing, but requires a lot of research to find serial numbers and possibly nose art for each unit. Maybe if we start now, sometime later this or next year…

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

That sounds so appealing, but requires a lot of research to find serial numbers and possibly nose art for each unit. Maybe if we start now, sometime later this or next year…

I can help with that, between the effort that’s already gone into this sheet and 144025, a great Shamu -135A/R sheet seems within reach-

Chris

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

Funny you should ask!  I have several C-135 serial lists by unit on certain annual dates.  Will send it along when I go through my C-135 files.

Edited by Dutch

Great - I am looking forward to getting some help from you so I can put together those overdue KC-135A/E/R sheets in 1/144.

On a different note, can one of you photograph the Academy B-52 tail next to a ruler and snap a high-resolution photo from straight above with a smartphone?  

5 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Great - I am looking forward to getting some help from you so I can put together those overdue KC-135A/E/R sheets in 1/144.

On a different note, can one of you photograph the Academy B-52 tail next to a ruler and snap a high-resolution photo from straight above with a smartphone?  

In your inbox-

Chris

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I bought this sheet before I owned any B-52G's. Now, I found some GWH B-52G's at a discount in a Czech webshop and they're on the way over here. 🙂  

The GWH kit is a B-52G without the "strakelets" at the wingroot.

Could some of the B-52 experts here please help with the question of which of the G-model subjects on the sheet have the "strakelets"?

Option 1 (57-6475): pretty sure yes because it's a Secret Squirrel mission aircraft.

Option 2 (58-0177): pretty sure yes because it's a Secret Squirrel mission aircraft.

Option 3 (58-0195): ?

Option 4 (58-0241): ?

Option 5 (58-0168): ?

Option 9 (57-6485): ?

Option 10 (57-6504): ?

Option 11 (58-0164): ?

Thanks,

Stefan.

1 hour ago, Gator52 said:

According to my references, 58-0195 and 58-0241 are the only non-ALCM B-52G options on the sheet-

Chris

Thank you very much, Chris.

I do like that moose on the tail. 

Am I right in thinking that there is no ALCM modified B-52G kit that has the strakelets out of the box?

Cheers, Stefan.

The Revell kit has the strakelets, I plan to use it for my builds of the Barksdale Secret Squirrell options.  If you go with the Revell kit, you'll likely want to fill the windscreen and use the decal--the kit windscreen framing is the kit's weakest point.

Chris

3 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Thanks again, Chris.

I'll look out for a Revell B-52G. I don't recall seeing one around here, but I might get lucky.

Cheers, Stefan.

The only source right now is EBay.