Revell Germany re-releasing the 1/48 B-24D

• eraucubsfan changed the title to Revell Germany re-releasing the 1/48 B-24D
4 hours ago, P-38 guy said:

That's nice. Wish someone would do decals for "80 DAYS".

hxwte5C.jpg

gZKXltU.jpg

Mike

What is your connection to this particular aircraft?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Geoff M

The D is my favorite B-24. Glad they are still including the Cletrac tractor as well. 

I have 2 of them to build...and the big 32nd D as well. Those old WWII crew photos

are always cool to look at. They still manage a smile knowing they have to survive

25+ missions before they could go home. Sadly...looking at them now they all have

made their final flight through combat loss or old age. I appreciate those brave American

flyers who came before me. :salute:

Cheers...Ron

On 10/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, Geoff M said:

What is your connection to this particular aircraft?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Geoff M

"80 DAYS" was one of my first B-24 nose art pictures I had collected but it was the later J model. After doing research I found there was also the earlier D model.

Years later a collector I had met online and become friends with was thinning out his collection to focus on WWI.

Come to find out he had a grouping from a crew member of "80 DAYS" including painted flight jacket.

The story he shared with me about the name was that during their travel overseas they had problems with the aircraft and it ended up taking them 80 days to get there.

Unfortunately I was unemployed at the time and didn't have the funds to purchase the grouping but I do have scans of the aircraft photo's and pictures of the jacket.

So I guess being like my first and then the one that got away has always fueled my interest in "80 DAYS"

Mike

mEkjpkz.jpg

b6TXg7D.jpg

CvfBU3x.jpg

V2boaxp.jpg

CvNQW7b.jpg

On 11/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, echolmberg said:

I wonder if the kit will be on the Hobby Lobby shelves.  I'd snap one up if I could save 40% on it!

My local Hobby Lobby doesn't have the 40% off coupons anymore.  Are all of the kits just marked 40% off now as they are on the shelf?

I don’t think I’ve seen Revell Germany kits at my local Hobby Lobby.  Just the US Revell boxings of kits.  So, my guess would be no.

Also, the HL 40% off coupon was only good for one item.  I can’t seem them replacing that with 40% off everything, regardless of how many things you buy.  That would be a sure way to go out business (unless they simple jacked all the prices up 40%).  I have seen occasional limited time sales of various items.

My local HL does 40% off different categories in a rolling basis, the model kits go on sale for a week maybe every other month. Their kit selection seems to be mostly 1/25 cars and trucks, with a smattering of aircraft, armor and lots of sci-fi & anime kits. Since the coupons stopped I rarely go any more. Their loss .....

9 hours ago, habu2 said:

My local HL does 40% off different categories in a rolling basis, the model kits go on sale for a week maybe every other month. Their kit selection seems to be mostly 1/25 cars and trucks, with a smattering of aircraft, armor and lots of sci-fi & anime kits. Since the coupons stopped I rarely go any more. Their loss .....

This is the situation in my store as well.  I still enjoy going, though.  I dunno.  I still am a sucker for the older Monogram kits.  I'll go to HL if I feel in the mood to build a Monogram Corsair, Spitfire or Stuka.  I'm not a fan of the anime stuff, but it does seem to be taking over the shelf space at my Hobby Lobby.