1:48 EF-4C Phantom II (Tamiya Conversion)

This pod is a whole another model by itself! What a model, indeed! It can easily go as 1/32. It kinda needs some very little subtle weathering, to my taste at least. Can't wait to see it on the plane.

Hi, Rich, I'm just now catching up on your WIP thread.......all I can say is, Simply Amazing! The workmanship and attention to detail are second to none. Every time I see your work, I'm blown away. I really hope we get to see the phantom phinished one day: It'll be nothing short of amazing.

Cheers,

E

Posted (edited)

@Thadeus@my favs are F`s@wardog, thanks very much for your kind comments! 

@my favs are F`s: I agree with you that the pod looks too pristine. I plan to give it a "lightly used" look.

I’m adding a couple pictures to show where the pod will mount to the airframe. More work lies ahead for the adapter: basically a bomb rack form fitted to the AIM-7 missile recess and angled so as to position the ECM pod parallel to the jet’s longitudinal axis.

x9p1ofl.jpeg

5ezyxsP.jpeg

After more than a year’s time, I’m still not finished with the external ordnance! Work is well underway though on the inboard pylons and their stores. 

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by RichB63
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2024 at 12:35 AM, RichB63 said:

After more than a year’s time, I’m still not finished  ... .

Have you had time out of that hot sun to perform any more magic on this beauty?

Gene K

Edited by GeneK