Describing a strat-camo jet (like in Dutch's first photo) the Aerofax G/H book states the "rub area on fuselage where stabilizer pivots is FS 36118 gray."

For my 1/144 H in overall FS 36081, I used Expert’s Choice Wing Walk Gray trim film, which is close to 36118 and is just the right amount of contrast to my eye.

Chrsi

Edited by Gator52

Well, they're two different airplanes. The top one is a B-52G and the bottom one is a B-52H. I can say for certainty that the bottom photo was taken here at Tinker AFB and the aircraft had just gone through depot maintenance and has yet to go through the paint hangar. The dark gray areas (including the one in question) are all fresh F.S. 36118 Gunship Gray. 

• 4 weeks later...

Those colored panels started back on the early "G" models way back in the early 70s.  In 1971 we got our first "G" at Ellsworthand whiole it was put on display for the base to see the "D/F" replacement I got a couple shots of it.  Soon all the earlier models were shipped off to the war.  Eventually some "G"s showed up to do what they could with a more limited bomb load.

Meaning my reply? I can guarantee that I'm neither a chatbot or A.I. I have spent nearly 20 years at the OC-ALC and have been around more B-52 components than I'd like. A couple of weeks ago Tinker had their open house and had a B-52 on display and I specifically looked at that area. The answer is still F.S. 36118 Gunship Gray. And yes, it can fade quite badly.

If there was a reply that got deleted from an actual spammer that I didn't see, then my apologies..

Edited by Chriss7607
51 minutes ago, Chriss7607 said:

If there was a reply that got deleted from an actual spammer that I didn't see, then my apologies..

Yes the chatbot spammer post was deleted.