The Reskit M299 goes well with the new pylons and 122 gallon fuel tanks. Amazingly, the Black Ops rocket tubes fit perfectly as well, no need for modifications.

EepQcA0.jpg CNRbt1N.jpg

NMQgb40.jpg 58Ez423.jpg

Looks like Ill have to be careful with these, the fuel rails look like they come with the extended and retracted versions. Oops...thank god I have 2 sets of these and these arent permanently installed.

aUJQuq6.jpg

Nice.  I've got 122 gal tanks coming from one of the 3D printing guys on FB.    Thinking I'll go with 2 racks for Hellfires, one tank and one rocket pod.    One of the 3D printing guys also offers up Spike NLOS missiles, been pondering adding the in place of one of the Hellfire racks.   We'll see.  

Your Apache looks awesome.  What are you planning on using for decals?

Not sure yet. for the Saraf, Im going to grab some Isra decals, but I think Werner's Wings is coming out with something for the D/E and I havent made my mind up yet. Im still debating on whether or not to keep the doors open on the first kit I have up since the cockpit seems off. Definitely going to have to leave the armored glass out of the cabin though one way or another. Also decided to the black dog avionics set for the D plus a few other goodies. And be careful with those fuel pylons; they are very very fragile.

Edited by utley

stuff came in fron Simeon Plai today, got some goodies for both my AH-1Z and my apaches. Didnt get much for the apache, but the new pit will be going into the DII Late cockpit.

uwvCERA.jpg

starting to see why people dont like Black Dog Resin for some reason...

w0dhuDN.jpg qLATMsp.jpg

KbfLmmT.jpg

b2UoXZv.jpg

k1c7Nq4.jpg

Not sure if they're worth saving or not. Debating on returning them or not, will know by tonight. Most likely will send these things back, theres just no way these look acceptable in this form, but the other pieces dont look bad. Its too bad too, theres a lot of details in here I really like.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent forgot about the model, just updating for now. Spent the better part of the month taking care of the dogs unfortunately one of them decided she wanted to have puppies again. Ill be back to work on these helis in the next few days.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Small update: been busy with life, but got some new goodies coming in as well. Starting with some FOD plugs and aftermarket exhaust from Kopecky Scale models. I also have some DII specific parts being custom 3D printed for the newest Apache model I havent started yet. New decals from Caracal Models, waiting on some decals from Isracast well. Also have some Spike NLOS  missile tubes and other AH64I Saraf components being made as well, so some more aftermarket goodies are coming this way before I start working this again.

Ordered me a few sets of Quintas new avionics bay 3D printed decals too that should be here soon. Will get back to finishing the E and Saraf within the next week or so while I figure out how to put these PE fins on these hellfire missiles without it looking like butt. I would love some help or suggestions with that if possible, Ive had problems with using too much (even if its just a small amount). The missile fins look like they just wont stay on straight enough, and any glue runoff just looks like welding spatters on the fins...really kind of annoying.

Also had an incident with the fuel tank pylon a few weeks ago that need to be repaired; these 3D printed parts are FRAGILE..

I keep getting a 500 internal server error when trying to post a link to some Quintas Decals set for my Apache...is there a reason why that would be??

Edited by utley
2 hours ago, utley said:

Small update: been busy with life, but got some new goodies coming in as well. Starting with some FOD plugs and aftermarket exhaust from Kopecky Scale models. I also have some DII specific parts being custom 3D printed for the newest Apache model I havent started yet. New decals from Caracal Models, waiting on some decals from Isracast well. Also have some Spike NLOS  missile tubes and other AH64I Saraf components being made as well, so some more aftermarket goodies are coming this way before I start working this again.

Ordered me a few sets of Quintas new avionics bay 3D printed decals too that should be here soon. Will get back to finishing the E and Saraf within the next week or so while I figure out how to put these PE fins on these hellfire missiles without it looking like butt. I would love some help or suggestions with that if possible, Ive had problems with using too much (even if its just a small amount). The missile fins look like they just wont stay on straight enough, and any glue runoff just looks like welding spatters on the fins...really kind of annoying.

Also had an incident with the fuel tank pylon a few weeks ago that need to be repaired; these 3D printed parts are FRAGILE..

I keep getting a 500 internal server error when trying to post a link to some Quintas Decals set for my Apache...is there a reason why that would be??

Same issue I had a few days ago.

Steve

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Same issue I had a few days ago.

Steve

ok, gotcha. Took me a few hours to catch on.........damn. Holy crap Im slow.

Edited by utley

I cant seem to get a reply from Isracast regarding some decals I ordered mid December. Anyone have news about them by chance?

45 minutes ago, utley said:

I cant seem to get a reply from Isracast regarding some decals I ordered mid December. Anyone have news about them by chance?

Did you get a message that your order was shipped, with a tracking number?  I ordered something from them on Dec 27, and got a shipping notice and tracking number on Dec 31, and it’s showing up in USPS tracking.

Yeah I just heard from Isracast a moment ago via email. It shipped on the 18th and USPS hasnt picked up on it yet for some reason. Hopefully itll be here in the next week or so, but its almost been a month already.

54 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Wow, some really detailed parts there. Should be a major upgrade for the kit.

Steve

Im going to keep the Saraf all buttoned up - no panels opened, doors closed and blades extended out. Maybe Ill close the pit too, but this ones one of the few that the doors fit properly so Ill pass that bridge when I get there.
  • 3 weeks later...

Parts update: the extra detailed parts came in this weekend.

FgA8ONl.jpgzZyDa6d.jpg

CXakZy6.jpgZBblqMc.jpg

iesYfGZ.jpg

V2sDhyx.jpg

Js0khOu.jpg

Some AIM-9Ms for the AH-1Z Im working on in the background...

Also got something very special coming this week for my flight simulator cockpit, which is something Ive been working on behind the scenes while Ive been away from my models:

lVTxsdY.jpgA01xSgY.jpg

Not too sure when Ill start working the models again, I dont have very far to go with the first model started as its just small stuff now + weapons/racks. Wont be too long though..

Edited by utley
On 1/28/2024 at 11:59 PM, utley said:

Parts update: the extra detailed parts came in this weekend.

FgA8ONl.jpgzZyDa6d.jpg

CXakZy6.jpgZBblqMc.jpg

iesYfGZ.jpg

V2sDhyx.jpg

Js0khOu.jpg

Some AIM-9Ms for the AH-1Z Im working on in the background...

Also got something very special coming this week for my flight simulator cockpit, which is something Ive been working on behind the scenes while Ive been away from my models:

lVTxsdY.jpgA01xSgY.jpg

Not too sure when Ill start working the models again, I dont have very far to go with the first model started as its just small stuff now + weapons/racks. Wont be too long though..

Holy cow that rocks, how did you get the TEDAC screen to function?