Asking an Operation "El Dorado Canyon" F-111E question...

I'm looking for pix for reference on the mount/pylon, for the AN/ALQ-131 ECM POD, carried right behind the main landing gear, on the fuselage of the F-111E. I'm doing a bit of research for a possible build. I'll most likely be using Hasagawa's F-111F as a base... 

Thank you in advance!

Matt

"As far as I know Eldorado Canyon (1986) was F-111F's only, no E's.

The only combat for the F-111E that I can think of was Desert Storm in 1991, flying from Turkey."

I realized my error of stating they were 'E' models, only after I had already posted my question. You are correct, they were indeed 'F' models...

Edited by MattP

Shameless plug here. My book, Operation Eldorado Canyon should be out in the States on 15 March 2024 (subject to change) and can be pre-ordered from Casemate, Amazon, and Barnes and Nobel. I say subject to change because every time I check on the websites, it slips to the right a month or more. All the work is done on it, so I think it's now just waiting on the printers. I'm going to be giving my presentation at Telford on 11 November and they're hoping to have some copies available there, so we shall see...

The book will cover tail numbers, bomb loads and first hand accounts from participants of not only the F-111Fs, but the A-6Es. All the major participants are covered, including the F/A-18A, F-14A, KC-10A and SR-71A. Also included is Operation Prairie Fire, which occurred the previous month when both HARM and Harpoon were employed for the first time.

52 minutes ago, mrvark said:

Shameless plug here. My book, Operation Eldorado Canyon should be out in the States on 15 March 2024 (subject to change) and can be pre-ordered from Casemate, Amazon, and Barnes and Nobel. I say subject to change because every time I check on the websites, it slips to the right a month or more. All the work is done on it, so I think it's now just waiting on the printers. I'm going to be giving my presentation at Telford on 11 November and they're hoping to have some copies available there, so we shall see...

The book will cover tail numbers, bomb loads and first hand accounts from participants of not only the F-111Fs, but the A-6Es. All the major participants are covered, including the F/A-18A, F-14A, KC-10A and SR-71A. Also included is Operation Prairie Fire, which occurred the previous month when both HARM and Harpoon were employed for the first time.

I missed your talk in San Marcos (conflicting meetings).  Will you have the chance to give it again in Madison?

39 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

I missed your talk in San Marcos (conflicting meetings).  Will you have the chance to give it again in Madison?

I can if they want me to. In the meantime, if you have a couple of hours, here is a recording of the first time I gave the presentation. It's a bit rough around the edges and I've refined it some since then, but it has all the basics. The only big flaw in it is the bit about one crew 'repairing' an instrument in flight with a crushed orange juice can. I subsequently find out that that didn't happen, so ignore that (fortunately, I found out in time to remove it from the book). The rest of it is good to go.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

"MrVark"... OUTSTANDING!!! Can you tell me, that when the book comes out, how can I get a signed copy?

The easiest way will probably be to bring your copy to Madison. I believe the plan is for me to be at the Casemate booth for at least a little while there.

16 hours ago, mrvark said:

Second delay...my HB E is getting impatient. 

Then again,  this gives Reskit time to do the rest of the kit......

17 hours ago, mrvark said:

The only big flaw in it is the bit about one crew 'repairing' an instrument in flight with a crushed orange juice can.

They could have had a V8.

Regards,

Murph

• 5 weeks later...