Israeli F-15D color schemes

Are all Israeli F-15Ds using the Light ghost grey base color with the dark ghost grey colors schemes? Was thinking about doing a solid darker grey. Maybe even dark ghost grey with no other accents. Guess I'll use modelers prerogative and do something a little different but still looks like it was supposed to be that way

Any pics or thoughts would be appreciated

Jeff

41 minutes ago, GreyGhost said:

Just a quick search seems to show they're in the Mod Eagle scheme ...

AM2_4184-scaled.jpg

F-15C/D CFTs seem to be appropriate as well ...

HTHs ...

-Gregg

When do you think this pic was taken? Is the Mod Eagle scheme the same one our F-15s are painted? Im looking at the F-15D in the picture. Im seeing AIM 7 Sparrow missiles, AGM 142 on the wing pylon, I assume and some sort of targeting pod on the station below the CFT.  I thought the Israeli's used the AMRAAM 120's. That dome behind the rear pilot, is that some sort of communications dome?

Great pic

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff, here's another shot of the same sequence of photos ...

AM2_4180-Edit-scaled.jpg?auto=webp&optim

Note the F-15D in the foreground does have 2 AIM-120s on the rear stations ...

Israeli-F-15-DVIDS.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what the dome is for, some nicknamed it "R2-D2" ... Probably something Sat-Com related ... :dontknow:

-Gregg

10 minutes ago, GreyGhost said:

Jeff, here's another shot of the same sequence of photos ...

AM2_4180-Edit-scaled.jpg?auto=webp&optim

Note the F-15D in the foreground does have 2 AIM-120s on the rear stations ...

Israeli-F-15-DVIDS.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what the dome is for, some nicknamed it "R2-D2" ... Probably something Sat-Com related ... :dontknow:

-Gregg

Thank you for the pics. I think that pod on the left CFT front station is some sort of ECM pod but am not 100% on that. Do you think they are still using the AIM 9M's as well?

Jeff

31 minutes ago, Raptor.777 said:

Thank you for the pics. I think that pod on the left CFT front station is some sort of ECM pod but am not 100% on that. Do you think they are still using the AIM 9M's as well?

Jeff

That’s the Elta ELL-8222 jammer pod.  Very common on Israel’s legacy Eagles.

19 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Just a quick search seems to show they're in the Mod Eagle scheme ...

AM2_4184-scaled.jpg

F-15C/D CFTs seem to be appropriate as well ...

HTHs ...

-Gregg

Definitely NOT mod Eagle, that's the original li/dak ghost grey scheme as the IDF Eagles have carried since day one, except the Ra'am F-15I.

Also the Eagles in the photo show a mix of Sparrows AIM-7 and Amraams AIM-120.

By the way that is not an AGM-142 but a Spice Gliding/ guidance kit bolted on a 2,000 lbs low drag bomb.

Spice 2000

Edited by hemspilot
added text

The dome behind the cockpit is for satellite communications. All of the IDFAF F-15A/B/C/D fleet are in the light/dark ghost grey scheme. The aircraft in the picture are carrying a mix of AIM-7 Sparrows. AIM-120 AMRAAMs, Python 4/5 and Spice PGMs as well as GBU-31 JDAMs.  

For the F-15s carrying JDAMS, Im assuming they already have the targets in mind before the mission starts? Our AN/AAQ 28 Litening pod can designate GPS coordinates for the JDAMs or can also be pre programmed before hand. Do you think the F-15C,Ds in Israeli service would ever carry a targeting pod, or is that strictly for the F-15Is? Don't the Israeli's have something to do with the manufacturing of our targeting pods other than our Sniper pods?

Jeff

20 hours ago, Raptor.777 said:

For the F-15s carrying JDAMS, Im assuming they already have the targets in mind before the mission starts? Our AN/AAQ 28 Litening pod can designate GPS coordinates for the JDAMs or can also be pre programmed before hand. Do you think the F-15C,Ds in Israeli service would ever carry a targeting pod, or is that strictly for the F-15Is? Don't the Israeli's have something to do with the manufacturing of our targeting pods other than our Sniper pods?

Jeff

The F-16C's have carried the Litening pod in the past, but rarely seen. For the Baraks, I pressume they can but again rarely if ever seen. The Litening pod was originally an Israeli design and make, so no surpise there. 

Looking at the weapons pylons on the CFT's, where could one acquire those? The Eduard Kit that I have (Academy kit) does not have them in there. Possibly aftermarket? Not really sure where to look. I'll check out Isradecal but could use some suggestions

Thanks

Jeff

All of the 1/48 Hasegawa Eagle kits have the small CFT pylons, since they are on the C sprue that’s common to all of the kits.  The early F-15E kits have the CFTs with holes you open up to attach the missile pylons, but later F-15E kits have different CFTs, which are set up for the different actual F-15E pylons.  For a while, the Hasegawa “F-15E” kits were actually of the F-15 DRFD (Dual Role Fighter Demonstrator) which was a modified F-15B, which had a lot of differences from production F-15Es.  Later on, Hasegawa started adding parts in the box to make a more correct Strike Eagle.

Ok, but I am just wondering if the weapon pylons are the same as in the pictures. The tips of the front pylon are angled backwards, to where all the other weapon pylons that go on CFTs are angled forwards. Thanks for the tip on the old hasegawa kits

Jeff