What is the best putty to do soft camo?

14 hours ago, Cat Barf said:

How do you know it is the best? What other products have you tested it against? 

I have tried several other products, for example I just picked up AK masking putty, its leaving an oily residue which I am not happy with. I have used other products like tack putty and blue tack, which requires going back to clean up left over tack. The SILLY PUTTY, has "at least for me" never given me any issues. So based on "my personal experience" I believe its the best product to use. 

On 11/7/2023 at 6:47 AM, airmechaja said:

IMHO, real Blue Tack. It's on E -Bay. Make sure it's made by Bostick. Many other brands out there but you will be disappointed. 😅😏

I bought the Blue Tac by Bostik on Amazon. I roll into a worm and place on the model. Stays tight w/o falling and there is no residue. I will paint my model tomorrow and let you all know. Dai 

4 hours ago, dai phan said:

I bought the Blue Tac by Bostik on Amazon. I roll into a worm and place on the model. Stays tight w/o falling and there is no residue. I will paint my model tomorrow and let you all know. Dai 

Dai, If you can, please post photos.

I would like to see how the paint job on your turns out.

I use 1.5 mm solder, fixed with Blu-Tack. Previously I had scaled the paint scheme to 1/48 scale, allowing me to bend the solder to the correct pattern. I use aluminium foil to fill in the areas - it sticks to the Blu-Tack, and usually I fold back the excess. It's quite easy this way. Both solder and Blu-Tack can be reused.

Previously I used Blu-Tack only, but it very difficult to maintain a constant diameter, also because you need to press it down. The diameter determines the soft edge, and was therefore inconsistent. That problem was solved by using solder.

f84f-139.jpg

f84f-140.jpg

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie