Testors Semi-gloss Lacquer Spray Availability

51 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Not according to this: https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/testors/lacquer-paint/top-coats-and-thinners

They apparently only make Glosscote & Dullcote; in bottles & spray cans.

Larry

That's what I was afraid of.   Thanks Larry.

34 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Ever since Rustoleum Group "acquired" Testors, they totally abandoned serious model builders by discontinuing almost the entire product line.  :soapbox:

Yep!   Leave it to the friggin bean counters.  Still trying to find a replacement for my Model Master enamels.   :angry:

Rustoleum never acquired Testors. Both are owned by RPM, who acquired Rustoleum in 1994, which didn't have any effect on Testors.  But, it is clear that RPM is not interested in the hobby business, they have moved to "crafts" - lots of bright florescent and glitter colors.

17 hours ago, Camus272 said:

If you're airbrushing, can you mix flat and gloss? Or, are you specifically looking for spray cans?

If I have to, I'll airbrush.  But if a rattle can of clear coat is available for sealing in decals and paint, I go that route.  What can I say, I'm lazy.  :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...

Another question in this subject area:     Sprue Brothers carries Mr. Hobby/Mr. Color GUNC181 Super Clear (semi-gloss) in a bottle.  Could I use that with a brush to touch-up small areas that I wanted to apply a semi-gloss finish?  Any recommendations of similar semi-gloss bottle (i.e. NOT spray) products?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...