New product announcement. 48th scale Cobra fans should like this.

So i was working on the Special Hobby AH-1Q and well the plain almost featureless pilot dash was bugging me showing through a huge bubble canopy, the latchless turret with museum blanking plates and with that many other issues and defficiencies started cropping up. One thing led to another. With images and suggestions provided by famous modeller and Cobra pilot Floyd of Werners wings...and many other modellers, i pursued to upgrade the ICM/Special Hobby kit. This collection of parts is guaranteed to bring the level of realism up a notch in that kits final build form. So many parts upgraded, fixed and provided...check out the description. Well worth the time and pain saved in trying to fix the issues.

The can be found here. LINK

Check out the many other store items i offer here.

IM5.jpg

IM3.jpg

IM2.jpg

IM1.jpg

20240328_194608.jpg

20240328_193840.jpg

20240330_195219.jpg

20240328_200621.jpg

IME4pg.jpg

20240328_200119.jpg

20240330_153945.jpg

IM7.jpg

20240328_195549.jpg

Noice! I have bought other sets from Jonathan and his work is great and a smooth transaction. 👍👍

I will order this set next week. Those empty TOW racks look nice as well. I second Jon’s comment about G items also. I would buy some. 

6 hours ago, jonbryon said:

Are you planning on releasing the parts relevant for the AH-1G in a separate set? 

Cheers

Jon

Hello Jon

There have been enough requests for such that i should probably do so. I know what needs to happen to the pilots coaming...thats easy. IM me to what you would like to see in a set.

Thanks and Happy Easter.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Noice! I have bought other sets from Jonathan and his work is great and a smooth transaction. 👍👍

I will order this set next week. Those empty TOW racks look nice as well. I second Jon’s comment about G items also. I would buy some. 

IM me and let me know what you would like to see in the set. Thank you snd Happy Easter.

2 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

If you could do a C-Nite TSU that would be helpful to me.  Later Whiskeys used it as well as some AH-1F.  

Floyd

Floyd are you referring to the NTS upgrade that the Whiskey's received in the late 90's and which changed the nose profile?

19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Floyd are you referring to the NTS upgrade that the Whiskey's received in the late 90's and which changed the nose profile?

No the C-Nite system on the AH-1F.  We flew them in Korea in 1992.  It wouldn't take much to do the Marine TSU as long as the nose was properly shaped

Floyd

49495946_2214075445291221_6979491756316295168_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

No the C-Nite system on the AH-1F.  We flew them in Korea in 1992.  It wouldn't take much to do the Marine TSU as long as the nose was properly shaped

Floyd

Understood. I knew about the C-NITE but thought you were saying both AH-1Fs and AH-1Ws used it. Since the C-NITE was limited in its deployment and if Jonathan can get some made, any chance you can illuminate the units or aircraft that had them for markings?

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Understood. I knew about the C-NITE but thought you were saying both AH-1Fs and AH-1Ws used it. Since the C-NITE was limited in its deployment and if Jonathan can get some made, any chance you can illuminate the units or aircraft that had them for markings?

I only know of the Korean units having them.  My unit, 1-2 Attack had them.  Not sure but suspect the Cav and others had them as well.

Floyd

In the early 90s when the Army was phasing the early TOW Capable Cobras out of the system some of them were shipped to NAS Pensacola.  Here the sighting system was removed in order to install them on the USMC Whisky models that were being turned out at the time.  Then the old Army Cobras were crushed and stacked in a parking lot not too far from the front gate awaiting pick-up by a scrapper.  It would make you want to cry. 

47 minutes ago, Michael A. said:

In the early 90s when the Army was phasing the early TOW Capable Cobras out of the system some of them were shipped to NAS Pensacola.  Here the sighting system was removed in order to install them on the USMC Whisky models that were being turned out at the time.  Then the old Army Cobras were crushed and stacked in a parking lot not too far from the front gate awaiting pick-up by a scrapper.  It would make you want to cry. 

LOL. Just hearing the words "cobras", "crushed", "stacked"...all together in one line kinda hurty my feelings. Then the "scrapper" part. 😥 All sounds like a scary kids nightmare. Its Okay now. I think i can move on. 

On 4/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Floyd

49495946_2214075445291221_6979491756316295168_n.jpg

If the turret on the right is the C-NITE TSU it'd probably not really work well for an NTS TSU, the latter on the Whiskey really more closely resembled the original M65 TSU with the left side blanking plate replaced with the FLIR and laser, the right side with the sight is externally just about unchanged.

It can't be just a TSU replacement for the Whiskeys alone. The shape and profile of the nose itself changed with the introduction of the NTS system so using an Italeri AH-1W with a NTS TSU would still be incorrect and look awkward.

• 1 month later...

Got my copy last night and looks as good as the photos suggest. 👍👍

I plan to use this set with the Kelik 3D decals.