The BOL rails are Hasegawa ones from the weapons set VII. There are two main issues with this kit - first one was mentioned before - deep and wide panel lines; the other one being the wrong shaped panels at the engine exhaust, which I didn't bother to correct on this kit... I checked the Revell's A model and it has different panels but they look similar to ones in the D kit... Well... I just "Futured" it and I'll place the decals on tomorrow, so stay tuned for the Black Lion!

Mario: well I wouldn't mind if the panel lines would be just deep, but they are wide as well :lol:

Well I've been playing with oil wash tonite and here's the result, which I'm very proud of... What do you think about it?

krilo.jpg

Sweet! <_< :lol: :lol:

I wanted to try this kind of weathering with different shades of pastels... I actually discovered this effect by coincidence. I was doing a panel line wash and I was a bit clumsy and a bit of colour spilled all over the panel... When I tried to wipe it off with terpentine damped cloth I noticed that nice spotty effect... I then covered all of the plane with brown/black oil wash and left it for a couple of hours, then removed the excess colour with cloth and after that making random spots with terpentine damped cotton stick... After that I just wiped everything in the direction of the airflow and the result is here... I'll add a bit of pastels in the following days but the plane seems to be complete during the weekend...

Looks good to me. The only thing that jumped out at me was the way the kit panel lines on the wing spoilers don't have the panel line to break up the spoiler into the 4 individual sections. It looks like one long spoiler section.

Chris Ish.