Hello!!

Here are some pics of the progres on my spit. i have done some paint chipping and pastel aplication since i´ve posted in progress pics of this build some weeks ago!

Here it goes:

jenny006.jpg

jenny009.jpg

jenny008.jpg

jenny014.jpg

jenny012.jpg

jenny017.jpg

jenny018.jpg

jenny019.jpg

jenny020.jpg

Hope you like it, and send feedback!

regards.

thanks for the comment!!

The kit is Tamiya´s Spit MkI.

Soon i´ll have it ready!!! :P

Those Tamiya kits are phenomenal to build. I did the Mk.1 and the MkV. Trop. Please post the finished product!

;)

J.C.

Stunning weathering job! :bobby:

Amazing finish you got there, especially the camo and chipping, looks very good, quite realistic.

Can't wait to see her finished, this is gonna be a beautiful Spitfire.

I'll also endorse the Tamiya kits, they are excellent.

regards,

Mike.

Great weathering but it's the camo that struck me. How the hell did you do it that well? Your technique?

Thank´s for the comment! :thumbsup:

I used vegetal paper masks, suspended from the surface +- 1mm and shooting the paint from a middle close angle with the edge of the mask!

regards :worship:

Hello!!!

Disaster stroke my spit when the box fell on the ground... Main landing gear legs broken but still fixable, but rear landing gear vanished for ever. <_<

How can i arrange this? scratchbuiding? Any opinions Where i can find this without buying another kit? Short Budget... :cheers:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Oh no, that is horrible! :D I have a tailwheel from a 1/48 P-51D Mustang. It is not an exact match, but you might be able to modify it for your Spitfire. If you are interested, let me know and I can send it to you. Hope you get your situation straightened out, that is such a beautiful aircraft. Good luck!

:blink:

Jamie

when u painted the camo, did u have the mask the bottom of the aircraft? including the wing so to prevent overspray?

Hello!!!

I just puted paper tape on the bottom edges of the wings, and got attencion to the angle of the air/paint flow.

regards! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!!! :D

A good friend of mine gave me a set from aeroclub with the tail well for this bird!

Now work can start again!!! :woo:

Thanks very much Cristóvão! :thumbsup:

must resist the urge to buy this kit......................

what else can i say about the camo and the weathering that hasnt already been said. 'cept that i am jealous and hope you get cramp in your painting hand!! :wave: