Canadian SAR Replacement

Having trained a wee bit in search and rescue, Bombardiair needs to find something with a ramp or forget about it.

Transfer of gear and patients with IVs and monitors out a door will not do when seconds count.

A ramp is required. :bandhead2:

Thanks for the link Sean.

A political ploy by Bombardier pure and simple. Bombardier has no current aircraft that can meet the requirements, being that the Dash-8 has no rear loading ramp, so they do the next best thing - complain about he process so that they will eventually be "handed a bone" for maintenance or assembly of the winning aircraft in Canada, or some other thing. Ho-hum.

Let's hope our government does the proper thing and select the best aircraft for the job. Period.

Just my personal opinion.

Keith

I also read that Bombardier is complaining about the training contract going to Kelowna Flightcraft instead of them.

Should that really be a surprise to anyone?

And CASA is complaining the C-27 has an unfair advantage because of the ties to Lockheed and its commonality with the C-130J (a possible replacement for our current C-130's)

:bandhead2:

Let's hope our government does the proper thing and select the best aircraft for the job. Period.

:bandhead2::wave::wave: :o :angry::taunt::taunt:

Sorry Keith (no ill towards you)........but that's the only thing I could think of with regards to your statement!!!

Tilt

And CASA is complaining the C-27 has an unfair advantage because of the ties to Lockheed and its commonality with the C-130J (a possible replacement for our current C-130's)

:bandhead2:

Toronto Sun Article

Don't you love it? The formal bidding process hasn't even started yet and everyone is already setting themselves up to sue over the results.

Let's hope our government does the proper thing and select the best aircraft for the job.  Period.

Sorry Keith (no ill towards you)........but that's the only thing I could think of with regards to your statement!!!

Tilt

Yeah I know Tilt, wishful thinking on my part! :bandhead2:

{QUOTE]wishful thinking on my part!

If you want wishful thinking, the only real replacement for the Buffalo is a new-built Buffalo. Sadly all the jigs for building the Buffalo are rusting away about 4kms north of my office.