Guest seanrgb4

Well guys after a trip down to Hannants

I picked myself up a 1/32 Mig21 F-13 by Trumpeter

Now I have a Dilema

which markings shall I do this in ???

I have seen one of these in Usaf markings and quite fancy that one

so any idea's to help me out guys

cheers Sean

The F-7 kit is a better kit to make a PAF F-7 from. The two versions differed in the MiG missing one of the fuselage guns and the F-7 having a rear hinged two part (separate windscreen and canopy) canopy. Although the Trumpeter F-13 and F-7 kits do share a lot of parts, each has only the correct canopy and gun fairing parts for the respective version. If you have the MiG-21F-13 kit, it is best used for a MiG-21F-13.

The F-7 kit is a better kit to make a PAF F-7 from. The two versions differed in the MiG missing one of the fuselage guns and the F-7 having a rear hinged two part (separate windscreen and canopy) canopy. Although the Trumpeter F-13 and F-7 kits do share a lot of parts, each has only the correct canopy and gun fairing parts for the respective version. If you have the MiG-21F-13 kit, it is best used for a MiG-21F-13.

I was just about to say the same thing :(

However a Mig-21 F-13 can be used to make an F-7A as used by China, Albanian and Tanzania.

The F-7A appears to be virtually identical to the F-13. However it is often reported that it features two cannons as with later models, whilst this 'may' be the case for some F-7As it is clearly not the case for all, certainly not the Albanian examples.

Oh and yes my Revell Mig-21 F-13 will become an Albanian AF f-7A for the GB :cheers:

However if you want to do a Mig-21 F-13 with a difference you should consider the Israeli example "007" which defected from Iraq. You would infact have a few schemes to choose in that it wore its NMF but with red stripes/sections in atleast two different variations aswell as a desert camo scheme. Decals would certainly not be too hard though I know for a fact that the latter scheme had Hebrew warning markings for the canopy, which would present a problem. The Israeli Mig was discussed in a previous thread in this GB section if your interested.

HTH

The F-7 kit is a better kit to make a PAF F-7 from. The two versions differed in the MiG missing one of the fuselage guns and the F-7 having a rear hinged two part (separate windscreen and canopy) canopy. Although the Trumpeter F-13 and F-7 kits do share a lot of parts, each has only the correct canopy and gun fairing parts for the respective version. If you have the MiG-21F-13 kit, it is best used for a MiG-21F-13

Scratchbuild ma' man! :D

nah, some good points there, why not a reg USSR one?

look foward to some pics, the '13 is my favourite 21 varient! B)

regards

Raymond

Guest seanrgb4
...ya dont buy a mig and do it in USAF markings! :lol: 'it jsut aint' right ya know' what i mean? ;)

Yeah I know what you mean :cheers: :D

What it was I found a picture of a captured one , there it is in all its gloey in USAF markings ,

But personally I like it in the Finnish markings

But Really I'm now coming round to the Idea as nature intended Red Stars

:) :rofl:

Hopefully I'll get started on this soon

Yeah I know what you mean rofl.gif rofl.gif

What it was I found a picture of a captured one , there it is in all its gloey in USAF markings ,

But personally I like it in the Finnish markings

But Really I'm now coming round to the Idea as nature intended Red Stars

rofl.gif rofl.gif

Hopefully I'll get started on this soon

:rofl:

Jsut imadgine the statue liberty modified with a hammer and sickle! :cheers:

....actualyl that'd be pretty sweet......i can see the facials now!...... :D

glad to hear ur warming to the red star.....must be the vodka :) look foward to ur progress!

ATB

Raymond

I vote for Yugoslav markings!

I vote for Yugo markings too,but there is none in 1/32.What a shame,it was the first country to equip MiG-21 after CCCP(USSR).

MiG with stars and bars just ain't my thing... :thumbsup: