don't see why not!

but don't forget the Viking has a weapons bay for Mk46 torpedoes, CAPTOR mines

and so on. AGM-65's load out singly on either wing pylon and i believe the SMS

[stores management software] allows for different loads between wings. US-3A

[see kit by hasegawa] also have the large cargo pod under each wing.

hth.

t.

ps anyone do a ES-3A resin conversion set?? :lol:

If we weren't carrying our normal buddy store and drop tank... and had the opprotunity to drop weapons... we would download the drop tank on W6 (right side) and upload a TER.

Normally I carried and dropped off of that TER:

1. 3 x MK-82 slick

2. 2x MK-83 slick or ballute slant loaded (outboard and lower center loaded... three MK-83's on a TER was not allowed... but I did see some AO's try it once).

3. 3 x MK-20 ROCKEYE (My personal favorite).

During real world ops (meaning alert ASuW) or training... we would carry a AGM-65F IR Maverick on W6 and a buddy store on W5.

Harpoon and a buddy store was feasible as well... only time I ever carried that load was when I shot a Harpoon off of Okinawa.

Cheers

Edited by Collin
Have a question, I want to see if an S-3 can be loaded with an ARS and with some sort of weapon on the other side... If so what station will the ARS will be loaded and what kind of weapon can be loaded on the other side... Thanks

B)

During Desert Storm an S-3B from VS-32 attacked an Iraqi patrol boat.The loadout was 3 x Mk82 on a TER and an ARS on the other side.Apparently due to switchology error the S-3 crew dropped both bombs and ARS on the patrol boat destroying it.

Stephen

Have a question, I want to see if an S-3 can be loaded with an ARS and with some sort of weapon on the other side... If so what station will the ARS will be loaded and what kind of weapon can be loaded on the other side... Thanks

B)

During Desert Storm an S-3B from VS-32 attacked an Iraqi patrol boat.The loadout was 3 x Mk82 on a TER and an ARS on the other side.Apparently due to switchology error the S-3 crew dropped both bombs and ARS on the patrol boat destroying it.

Stephen

Not that uncommon with the very very old ACP (Armament Control Panel) we had/have up front. It's not a digital SMS system in the least.

Cheers

B)

Stephen

I guess ARS Pods are considered bombs now :cheers:

I know the S-3B is also cleared for the SLAM-ER. I'm sure that you could put one on the right station (6) and the ARS on the left (5) in real world ops situation and have a Hornet or another S-3 do the guiding. I know for a fact that an S-3 shot at Hussien's yacht with an AGM-65 Laser Maverick. The shot was guided by an F-18 and both aircraft flew together to the target and on the way, the Hornet tanked off the Viking. The main problem here is that no one makes a single missile launch rail for the Mav and no one makes a decent AGM-84H/K in 1/48.

Small note to Hasegawa: Come on Guys, we need an other weapons set from you!

I know the S-3B is also cleared for the SLAM-ER. I'm sure that you could put one on the right station (6) and the ARS on the left (5) in real world ops situation and have a Hornet or another S-3 do the guiding. I know for a fact that an S-3 shot at Hussien's yacht with an AGM-65 Laser Maverick. The shot was guided by an F-18 and both aircraft flew together to the target and on the way, the Hornet tanked off the Viking. The main problem here is that no one makes a single missile launch rail for the Mav and no one makes a decent AGM-84H/K in 1/48.

I have a SLAM-ER from SOL in 1/48...sure looks like the one I tested on the S-3 back in VX-1.

I know the S-3B is also cleared for the SLAM-ER. I'm sure that you could put one on the right station (6) and the ARS on the left (5) in real world ops situation and have a Hornet or another S-3 do the guiding.  I know for a fact that an S-3 shot at Hussien's yacht with an AGM-65 Laser Maverick. The shot was guided by an F-18 and both aircraft flew together to the target and on the way, the Hornet tanked off the Viking. The main problem here is that no one makes a single missile launch rail for the Mav and no one makes a decent AGM-84H/K in 1/48. 

I have a SLAM-ER from SOL in 1/48...sure looks like the one I tested on the S-3 back in VX-1.

I got one too and found it over simplified and bearing just a passing resemblence to the ones I have documented at NAS Jax. I would just like to see one done better or in plastic. But let me say, thats just me.

Don't forget that the S-3's are still cleared to also carry any depth bombs and the B57 shape depthbomb. On top of that I have seen a few pratice carrying the Quickstrike series of mines and Mk60 Captor mines as well.

Don't forget that the S-3's are still cleared to also carry any depth bombs and the B57 shape depthbomb. On top of that I have seen a few pratice carrying the Quickstrike series of mines and Mk60 Captor mines as well.

The S-3 and P-3 don't carry the B57...haven't for years. The AMAC panels are all gone and the last ones were being removed when I hit the RAG.

QuickStrike Mines are the only authorized (MK-62/63/65)... in fact they are the only real mines left in the inventory. We dropped a few MK-52/55 types back in the 90 during some exercises (S-3's and A-6's carried them... Tomcats and Hornets carried MK-62's)...but I don't even think the MOMAGS build them up anymore.

MK-60...once in a blue moon you will see one of those.... kinda neat mines but you may find a pic of an S-3 carrying those because everone takes a pic of such a rare event.

MK-82 Depth Bombs... really just a MK-62 QuickStrike mine with the TDD replaced by the M904 fuze with a .25sec delay. QuickStrike mines you will see painted white so the guys can go grab them on the bottom after an exercies. MK-82 Depth Bombs look like anyother finned snake-eye MK-82 on the wing or (with belly bands) in the bomb bay.

Cheers

surely not!

JASSM, SDB, MOAB, lightning/sniper XT pod, AIM-9X et al.... :wacko: :wave:

hth,

t.

AIM-120C, SLAM-ER, More JDAMs, especially the new 500lb ones. Paveway III's, Python III and IVs, Its funny that they do so many Israeli themed releases that they dont do the weapons in any way shape or form.