Some Oceana Shots

Thanks Ken, I actually think it's a bit too frozen... but I wasn't going to mess with lower shutter speeds, to get a motion blurry background... too afraid I would get a motion blurry tomcat :thumbsup: I've added some shots to Fence Check...

You guys should up the image file size to 95KB (Fence Check size, those 15KB extra give you some more detail and sharpness :) ), so I don't have to convert the files to 80KB... That way it's easier for me to post images on both sites ;)

Roger:

Two questions.

1. Where were you, to get such great shots?

2. What kind of camera equipment were you using, to get such great shots?

I'm envious. I don't have a digital SLR yet, so I'm waiting on the lab to develop my film and return the digital images on a CD.

1. Where were you, to get such great shots?

I was all over the place, you have to look for the good spots, and keep track of the sun and it's relation to the subject. It also helps that we had great access, provided by Corky and his staff. I was running along with the "official" airshow photographer and had a media/almost all access pass. We tried to get different angles of the same things.

2. What kind of camera equipment were you using, to get such great shots?

I have a Digital Rebel (the old model) and rent a 100-400L IS lens. I don't use the IS (image stabilisation) since it actually works against me with fast moving objects. So it's a pretty basic set up.

Roger

Ahh.

I haven't yet got my pics back...I'm shooting w/ a Nikon N90 (bought in late '93) and a 70-210 zoom, not a very fast lens, but quite clear.

I want a digital SLR soooooo bad. Plus, a good friend happens to know a prominent airshow announcer...I hope to be able to have better access to a few airshows in the future. (This friend also gets media passes whenever he goes.)

I'm in the wrong business. I'm a mechanical engineer, I want to be involved in aviation.

Oh well....I got four little mouths to feed.

Thanks Ken, I actually think it's a bit too frozen... but I wasn't going to mess with lower shutter speeds, to get a motion blurry background... too afraid I would get a motion blurry tomcat ;) I've added some shots to Fence Check...

You guys should up the image file size to 95KB (Fence Check size, those 15KB extra give you some more detail and sharpness ;) ), so I don't have to convert the files to 80KB... That way it's easier for me to post images on both sites ;)

Good suggestion Roger - I bumped it to an even 100 KB :blink: