BAD TRADER AT EBAY

I hate to do this but I just have to warn you guys.

Had won his item listed on the Jul-11-05. Promptly made a Bank Draft the next day as his paying instructions was apart from PayPal, Registered Mail it to Canada the day itself. He then acknowledge "Payment Received" on Jul 24-05. Paid postage of USD 30 and if you had thought it would be AIRMAIL, right?

So after a month it had not arrived, emailed him couple of times and had replied saying it was mailed out already. After a while I had asked him the tracking number and then he started to keep silent....A couple of another emails and no replies.

Then today, it arrived...Was I surprised! Thought it had got lost somewhere in the world. Another surprise, he had mailed it via SURFACE mail on Jul-27-05!!!......8 weeks for it to arrive, had guess so on surface mail but the point is he had charged USD30 for postage and the stamp fees indicated CAD 16.95!! ( USD 14.40)

Package was all crumpled on its sides and worst of all the kit box was badly damaged, luckly the sprues were intact! This has to be the WORST packaging I had ever received, truly disgusting in overcharging and also packaging.

What do you guys think? Should I leave a Negative feedback or something else??

Thanks for the time,

Johan

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Johan. I won't defend this seller, since I do not know him, and have never dealt with him. A couple of items worth mentioning however.

After a while I had asked him the tracking number and then he started to keep silent

There is only one kind of Int'l shipment with Canada Post that includes a tracking number, and that is XpressPost. That level of service would not have been included in the price you paid....trust me. XpressPost wouyld have ran at least $50USD to where you are.

8 weeks for it to arrive, had guess so on surface mail but the point is he had charged USD30 for postage and the stamp fees indicated CAD 16.95!!

I can't comment on how much he charged you for shipping, but on Ebay, I overquote on shipping to cover my own rear-end, then refund the balance if the buyer pays with PayPal. But I also tell the buyer this up front. Further, if the buyer is paying for surface mail, I tell them up front that delivery and condition guarantees are waivered.

I've looked at a couple of his listings, and all of them state that he uses Standard Int'l service for shipping worldwide. According to Canada Post, that's surface. He also states that insurance is not offered.

What do you guys think? Should I leave a Negative feedback or something else??

As for whether you should leave negative feedback that's up to you. Unless the listing for the item you purchased, and/or subsequent emails specifically state that item would ship airmail, and that it was insured, you may be opening yourself up for negative feedabck in retaliation. The seller has a low number of deals under his belt, but does have 100% feedback rating.

Smithery,

There is only one kind of Int'l shipment with Canada Post that includes a tracking number, and that is XpressPost. That level of service would not have been included in the price you paid....trust me. XpressPost wouyld have ran at least $50USD to where you are.

Agree on that

I've looked at a couple of his listings, and all of them state that he uses Standard Int'l service for shipping worldwide. According to Canada Post, that's surface. He also states that insurance is not offered.

I went through his feedbacks a while ago and noticed only early August did he mentioned about shipping cost. Maybe I had misunderstood that point when it means SURFACE but still he had really overcharged I would say. If he had slightest intention to gain a couple bucks out of shipping, USD20 would be appropriate but not USD30!

Anyway, he had left a + feedback on me early August though. Might sleep over it and think on what to do next on the feedback point.

By the way, he had a track record of....

User ID Effective Date End Date

armouredtees Jun-29-05 Present

arnouredtees May-29-05 Jun-29-05

ploflq May-20-04 May-29-05

Might sleep over it and think on what to do next on the feedback point.

Probably a good idea. A look at the bigger picture might be needed. You received the kit, the sprues are intact, and (hopefully), you got it for less than what you would have paid in the store.

Edited by smithery

I agree with Smithery.

I purchased a battletech manual a couple of years ago and the seller folded the book to get it into the package (book is A4 landcsape ie bound on the short side). I immediately fired a neg and he retaliated. we talked later and he refunded but I should have ACTED and not REACTED. My only neg after 6 years on ebay.

So think on it and perhaps console that you got a good cheap kit. In reality the contents are important right?

:crying:

MikeJ

After a long sleep over it with some pretty deep thoughts on what Smithery and Mike had said, I decided to leave a positive feedback as after all, everything was complete and only the box was damaged. Then again, I'm not a box collector and will certainly build that bird one fine day.

Perhaps with that feedback, it may at least bring some sense to the seller to lay everything downright on the details especially when it comes to shipping (Airmail that is) and also reply to buyers emails! (One can run but certainly cannot hide) :cheers:

:lol:

Johan

• 2 weeks later...

B) That is not cool Johan:

there is too many sellers charging big $$ for false shipping rates.

I have passed on so many auctions because of the falsified shipping rates, and the pay pal only crap.

the thing that totally sucks is ebay in general anymore, it seems their customer service went into oblivion.

Ebay tells the bidder that you must provide proof about the shipping charges, and ebay won't do anything on a transaction under $30.00, and when they do, they ask people to go to square trade, and ebay makes more money because square trade 90% of the time isn't free.

so the only options is the internet fraud agency and the post office, the post office because it is considered mail fraud, especially if the shipping charges is far less than what you are supposed to receive.

when I sell items on ebay, I always give people at least two options, and I always weigh the item so this way they can get a estiamte of what it runs,

if it is under, I refund the difference, if it is over by a $1 or two I'll chip in the difference.

but some people really go overboard, like the @#%#$ handling fee, I cannot see a $10.00 handling fee on top of a shipping fee, I mention this because of a B-29 I saw on ebay, the seller wanted $15.00 to ship it and another $10.00 for a handling fee, screw that.

Hope fully you will have better experiences in the future

take care

George ;)

Unless the guy depends on Ebay for income, negative feedback will have little effect anyway. I have left numerous negative feedbacks for dirt bags on Ebay. If the guys is a casual Ebayer, he could care less I'm sure.

I feel for you here as I have been ripped off a couple of times over shipping.

have posted a lot of kits so know how much they cost. I will now not bid on an auction if the buyer does not put a postage charge upfront. Also if I see a charge way above the norm I also dont bother to bid.

I personally would have left a neutral feedback for this one.

Julien

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your opinion and thoughts. Well, I stood by my decision of not leaving a negative feedback and it paid off!!

Here's what happened, I'd emailed Steve some time back and told him about how I felt about the whole trade with the damaged packaged as well. Mentioned that I was more intrested in the kit rather than the beautiful (??) box, as it had arrived a + feedback was left because I got what I wanted.

He replied about a couple a days ago and was sorry. He then asked what he could do about it, so I said I was unhappy with the postage charges and yesterday he refunded me $15!! ;)

I guess at the end of the day, we are all human after all and if we treat others well, in return we shall be treated the same. Maybe I was lucky :) but then sometimes we have to listen to the small voice in us (and also other ARCer opinion :cheers: ) rather than anger!

Johan

Great to hear that it all worked out in the end. It's easy to rush to judgment. But patience usually pays off in the long run.

It happens all to often in todays instant society. We want it now. But people are Human and make mistakes. And if you give them half the chance they will make it good if they can. Good for you in letting him make it good. :crying:

I once had a package sent from Australia (AmTech P-40) to Canada ,he put it in a manila envelope,don't have to tell you what it looked like when I got it.! I had also sent a package air to Australia,cost me $66,it arrived 3 MONTHS later!!! They had shipped it slow boat ti China but charged me air. Said they were sorry but wouldn't reemburse me though!

Tony

Like Smithery says,if you don't spend the big bucks in Canada for Express Post you don't get a tracking number.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this thread and instantly thought, What? That's my same name except I have a t in my last name. Though I'm in Southern California and don't ebaY. LOL. Gotta say, I was kinda startled to see the title and 2ndary title to this thread.

:rofl: