Greg,

It's looking very good, but the underwing area is white, not red. Only the bulkhead on the moveable center wing section is red. Early aircraft had it in interior green, but it was too hard to see hydraulic lealks, so it was changed to white. In red it would be impossible to see them!

Cheers,

Tom

Greg,

It's looking very good, but the underwing area is white, not red. Only the bulkhead on the moveable center wing section is red. Early aircraft had it in interior green, but it was too hard to see hydraulic lealks, so it was changed to white. In red it would be impossible to see them!

Cheers,

Tom

:) cool- no problemo- easy fix! Thanks!

well fellas, I pulled the ol F-8 back to the table today for a little wash and a start on some weathering I normally wouldnt do such a dark wash but the coloring of the VF-33 scheme cried out it I hope its not to far overboard. anyway heres where I'm at this saturday afternoon.

Hi Greg,

It looks great! I don't think you went overboard on the wash at all. One glitch (Hasegawa's, not yours) the burner didnt extend out of the tail pipe but was more or less even with it. If it is too late, it does not detract from an excelllent build. As to the wing, it is correctly mounted, other than the flaps (the smaller inboard sections) which should be slightly lower than the ailerons, but that is another Hasegawa problem. The wing root fairing on the fuselage does not extend out quite far enough for the flaps to clear the fuselage (one of many small problems, like the tailpipe, that the 1/72nd Academy kit shares with the Hasegawa 48th).

Again, great 'Gator, Greg!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Greg,

It looks great! I don't think you went overboard on the wash at all. One glitch (Hasegawa's, not yours) the burner didnt extend out of the tail pipe but was more or less even with it. If it is too late, it does not detract from an excelllent build. As to the wing, it is correctly mounted, other than the flaps (the smaller inboard sections) which should be slightly lower than the ailerons, but that is another Hasegawa problem. The wing root fairing on the fuselage does not extend out quite far enough for the flaps to clear the fuselage (one of many small problems, like the tailpipe, that the 1/72nd Academy kit shares with the Hasegawa 48th).

Again, great 'Gator, Greg!

Cheers,

Tom

I'll see what I can do to mend these defective hasegawa designs :o and maybe post my fixes. :P

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
Attaboy Tom.....keep these fellas on track!

Have you been gettin any heat from the fellas to join the GB?

Lookin good Greg!

Not to get off-topic, but what's the story behing the black/dark-colored SLUF in your banner? B)

Matt :woo:

Ok getting back on track I fixed the hasegawa design flaw by simply removing a little plastic of the flaps I mearly sanded down the inboard edge of the flaps untill they fit and looked right. As for the exhaust sticking out to far this was not as easy, I just removed the plastic mating edge from the tube section untill I got what I wanted. I will now do a little more weathering to tone down the panel lines. :banana:

Yes I've already fixed that problem too, I thinned down the canopy hinges and beveled the trailing lip of the frame I then carefully opened up the notches on the fuselage where the hinges are to a open position. also had to fiddle with the BB seat nothing major. BTW I finished it today undecided about adding sidwinders...any thoughts?

Edited by TF51GREGWISE

Greg,

It looks great. Personally I am putting the Zuni rockets and hanging some bombs on the version I am doing. It's a long sleek fusealge. The sidewinders, or even just the racks would break it up a bit. It's all in the modelers taste I guess.