On-Line Sci-Fi kit suppliers

Place out there called STARBASE ATLANTA - you see him on E-Bay alot. (Can Google Him for website).

He has many OOP kits when you can't find them elsewhere.

But a warning up front, be setting down when you see the prices. He is EXPENSIVE on a lot of things. :bandhead2:

For example: late production (1997) kit of the Revell/Monogram BSG Viper Mk. I is $66.00 MIB. Hate to see what he wanted for a original one!

But it is a source.

Edited by Jester00

Since I frequent a couple of the sci-fi boards, I might as well jump in here, too... NOTE: I have no affiliation with any of these sites, other than the guys that run a couple of them are good friends and are all reliable (if slow sometimes)

Thomas Models - Thomas makes some accurizing and conversion parts, mainly for Trek-models. He also did the masters for Polar Lights/Playing Mantis for their recent Star Trek kits (all 4 Enterprise kits, etc...)

Federation Models - Tracy has just about anything you'd need, conversion-wise for Trek and other sci-fi. He's as quick as his suppliers will let him be, and he's good at keeping you up to date on your order when you ask.

CultTVMan's Website - I honestly debated this one... Steve's a good guy, and as far as I know, he's good at sending his orders out (click on the hobby shop link on his page). I haven't ordered anything from him, but I know other people who have with good results.

The afore-mentioned Starship Modeler is another good place to look, as well.

I'll edit if I can think of other sites to tell you about.

Mike

Edited by MHaz

I purchased the FM Millenium Falcon from Starship Modeler, the Alliance resin Galactica from Federation, and NX-01 decals and masking templates from CultTVMan. Service is excellent with all three vendors.

If I had to pick a fav, it'd be Starship Modeler. BTW, SM carries some nice decals and aftermarket resin guns/missiles for the Monogram Starfury kit.

Edited by calculon
I bought Thomas Models stuff through CultTVMan.

Unless something drastic has changed, you won't find any of Thomas' stuff on CultTVMan's site now...

("Politics" in modeling suck!)

Looks like the major ones have been covered.

If you are looking for older, out of production kits, try the Trading Post at SSM. There is also a section in their Forum (I have some kits listed there as well as in the Marketplace here). Culttvman also has a Forum with a sales area.

• 2 weeks later...