Two new releases from Fox One Decals

Most of you have probably heard by now that I have decided to get out of the business. There are a lot of reasons behind this decision but it all boils down to me just not enjoying doing it as much as I used to. I won’t be “out of business†for some time, I still have over 5000 decals in inventory right now, so I'll be selling for some time to come. Existing sets will never be reprinted, so when they are gone, that's it. The website will remain up and running for the foreseeable future.

I know I said 2005 would be the last year for new releases, but the artwork for the final two sets was delivered too late for the printers to fit it in before the holidays so they were scheduled as the first sheets to go on the press when they returned in 2006. There were going to be even more sets but unfortunately one artist got a bit bogged down in other projects and couldn’t get to them so they have been cancelled. I’m really sorry that these did not make it out, but a year ago I made a commitment to myself that everything had to be done by years end.

The final two sets are in, you can click their links to go to their own pages or start at the home page www.foxonedecals.com:

48-024 USAF Phantoms in Viet Nam $15

Unlike my previous Air Force Phantom sets this is not a theme sheet from one particular wing, instead it is a veritable cornucopia of offerings. There are three F-4Es, two of them MiG-killers including Steve Ritchie's double victory jet. There is one MiG-killing F-4D, a Wild Weasel F-4C and three RF-4C recon Phantoms. I also added a page to my website describing how to make Hasegawa’s RF-4B into an RF-4C.

48-025 Marine Corps Crusaders $15

There are three F-8Es on this set. Two of these subjects saw service in Vietnam, they are from VMF(AW)-212 Lancers off the USS Oriskany and VMF(AW)-232 Red Devils at Da Nang. The third subject is from VMF(AW)-323 Death Rattlers and this aircraft was involved in an exciting story during the first ever Trans Pac.

Ben

That is a shame !

The decals I have from you a amomg the greatest and best researched I have ever seen.

By the way, your were the ONLY ONE, I have seen so far who got the formation light decals for the F-4's in the right size ( yes they all have a different length even when the forward fuselage and center fuselage look like they had the same lenght ) and the right color.

Hope you will rethink your desicion....

SCOUT :banana:

I've heard that FoxOne is going out of the business and that is really sad.Your decals are one of the best I've ever used,very well researched and quality printed.

I wish you've released your new decals "USAF Phantoms in SEA" in 1/32 scale,but given that you want to get out of decal business and slow sales of 1/32 stuff,it is understandable that you didn't.

All the best mate and hope that you'll change your mind...

Regards,Miro. :thumbsup:

Yes they are fit to the Hasegawa kits. The F-4 sheet does not have a lot of decals that require fitting to a particular kit, but the canopy rails and sharkmouth were fitted to Hasegawa. There's a big difference in the canopies of the different kits, but you probably knew that.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I know that there are subtle but significant differences between the Monogram and Crusader kits that affect how the decals fit there and given your subjects, I was concerned about the canopy stripes on the F-4s.

Cheers,

Hey Ben,

Just ordered #48-025 for the Hase Crusader...really looking forward to getting these!

Thanks for providing some of the best decals out there & wish for you every success in the future.

Good to go,

Jim