Well I started working on the Hind front area today. I filled some of the ejector marks that would be visible and started testfitting the cockpit together. Looking at photos in the walkaround section of the Hind cockpit I see that I have alot of scratch building to do. The front cockpit is missing alot of detail. There is no collective so I had to modify a Apache colletive. Here are a couple of shots of my desk and some of the work that I have done. More to follow. Erick

i was always wondering if there is such a thing as an aftermarket cockpit set for helicopters :bandhead2:

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Frederick,

Cobra Co has a comlpete interior for the Trumpeter Hind.

http://cobracompany.com/35015.htm

As well as an exterior set;

http://cobracompany.com/35014.htm

Cheers,

Alby

thanx for the info :D

i know it sounded stupid but im more of a jet guy this will be probable be one off the few helo's ill build :)

i know sham shame on me but im sticking to one subject, its hard to get all the info in on just the jets theres hardly room for info on the choppers :nanner:

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Today's update, have gotten some of the cockpit together. I have had to completely scratch built the sighting unit out of sheet plastic, pieces off of the Cobra TSU and a resin eyepiece from the Cobra Company 35th NTS set. I wired the gunners HUD unit and also wired the handgrip controls. I heated some sprue and made ducting that is visible behind the gunners seat and attached it to the back of the pilots instrument panel. I also scratch built the Tail rotor pedals and added straps from Tamiya tape. I re-inforced some of the panels and door supports with sheet plastic. I just ordered the Eduards interior and exterior sets so hope they will get here soon so I can start painting the cockpit. I will start work on the engines and other parts until they get here. Enjoy the photos Erick

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got the Eduard photoetch and was able to get some work done on the cockpit. I took some very fine wire and made some guards for the instrument panels and added to the photoetch. I think it turned out pretty good. Still have some work to do on the cockpit but it is coming along enjoy the photos Erick