Here's my latest build. It's the 1/48 Hasegawa F-4G. Kit is OOB with exception of seat belts made from aluminum foil. 2 of the HARMs came from the F-16CJ kit, pylons were adapted for extra missiles as the kit doesn't want you to load but 2 HARMs. Loadout based on the 190FS F-4G at the USAF Museum, which has 4 HARMs. 2 Sparrows, 600 gal tank, and the ALQ-184. I have numerous photos of that bird from a recent trip to the museum which served as inspiration to finish this project. Decals are from Eagle Strike with the walkways being from Fox One Decals. Let me know what you think and where I can improve. I'm a big boy, I won't cry :rolleyes:

Brian

Overall Shot

ChanuteField012.jpg

Head on

ChanuteField008.jpg

ALQ-184

ChanuteField009.jpg

Right Side

ChanuteField007.jpg

Nose

ChanuteField006.jpg

Tail

ChanuteField004.jpg

HARMs

ChanuteField005.jpg

Cockpit

ChanuteField003.jpg

Edited by lockheed2004
Looks great! What happened with the ejection triangles? I see some silvering there.

I had some trouble despite 2 coats of Future prior to decalling and a coat afterwards.

On a more critic sidenote: HARMS are not white.

My photos and the Twobobs sheet indicate otherwise

WPFABDec05038.jpg

Edited by lockheed2004

It looks AWESOME!!!

The only things that stands out to me are:

1. The exhaust cans look too silver ... they should be almost a gunmetal color.

2. The yellow and black ejection ring stripes need to be more even in size and spacing ... don't worry, you done better than I ever have.

3. Are you going to weather the wheel wells any? They look awfully clean for a Phantom ... only noticable if you pick it up to look.

4. For the era you depict, most AIM-7 were the same light gray as that on the fuselage of your model.

Edited by Phantom Phreak
I had some trouble despite 2 coats of Future prior to decalling and a coat afterwards.

Next time you run into this situation, take a pin/needle and poke a few holes into the decal (in the film area), then flood it with setting solution. You can also flood it with a drop of Future (using Future helps to fill the air pockets between the decal and the surface) . The idea is to soften the decal from underneath, which helps draw it closer to the surface.

Nice looking Phantom!

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore

I use Future almost exclusively as a gloss coat and seeting solutin for small decals and stencils like the ejection triangles. I never get any silvering this way.

Cockpit painting on the instrunments looks spectacular. You may still want to consider some aftermarket seats to really spruce that cockpit up.

As mentioned by others- diry up the wheel wells. You may still want to darken the exhuasts.