Remakes that will (perhaps) happen

As far as classics go, I'd kinda like to see what someone could do with "When Worlds Collide". I'd also love to see a Buck Roger's, Space: 1999, SeaQuest, or even Babylon 5 movie! :cheers:

Apparently JMS has the green light to do a series of Babylon 5 mini series.

With both Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs not with us anymore, he is looking at other areas of the show to explore. He has said publicly he will not cast new actors in the roles of G'Kar and Dr Franklin.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Just so long as they don't try remaking "Forbidden Planet" - some things are prefect as they are...

May be not a remake, but another unique version would be something! Forbidden Planet is a crib of Shakespeare's Tempest and I think different versions of this timeless tale would be great.

Speaking of Johnny Quest, have you ever noticed the jet fighters that they use on the show? One was in an early episode and the rear half was a F-106 blended in with the front half of an F-16. Not to bad for a show that came out years before the electric jet was on the board.

Still would like to see sixth column. Or maybe a live action Captain Scarlet.

I would go for an authentic Conan movie.

The Arnie ones were good but not close to the spirit of Howard's (inteliigent) hero.

:)

MikeJ

250x285_conana.jpg

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

On a serious note, I would love to see a faithful version of The War of the Worlds, set in 19th century England. Unfortunately that's obviously not going to happen after the recent Spielberg production, and yes I have seen the Pendragon version; it gives new meaning to the word terrible. Bad acting, bad special effects, bad cinematography. Even MST3K wouldn't touch this turkey.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
250x285_conana.jpg

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

On a serious note, I would love to see a faithful version of The War of the Worlds, set in 19th century England. Unfortunately that's obviously not going to happen after the recent Spielberg production, and yes I have seen the Pendragon version; it gives new meaning to the word terrible. Bad acting, bad special effects, bad cinematography. Even MST3K wouldn't touch this turkey.

Regards,

Murph

Murph

There is going to be a faithful version with Jeff Wayne's soundtrack. I have seen some snippits of the CGI and it is pretty impresssive so far. Supposed to be next year.

Click here and here.

:yahoo:

MikeJ

There is going to be a faithful version with Jeff Wayne's soundtrack. I have seen some snippits of the CGI and it is pretty impresssive so far. Supposed to be next year.

[

Mike,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Murph

Without Harlan Ellison assisting, I have to wonder if it'll be any good. Without HE assisting, Crusade wasn't.

BJ

The last B5 I saw was the "Legend of the Rangers" movie thing which I thought was just awful, especially the virtual-reality kickboxing weapons station - I winced so hard it hurt.

The last B5 I saw was the "Legend of the Rangers" movie thing which I thought was just awful...I winced so hard it hurt.
Me, too. The other B5 movies were about as bad. So was Crusade. If JMS does bring back the show he'll hopefully find the sense to bring back Harlan Ellison, as well.

BJ

I saw the poster today for the Nicholas Cage remake of "The Wicker Man".

Why? Or more to the point, WHY?

Especially as the remakers seem to have taken out the element of Christian zealotry on the part of the Nicholas Cage character, which added the conflict with the rampant paganism in the original... what were they thinking!

Also, no nekkid Britt Ekland. 8)

Cheers,

Andre

Also, no nekkid Britt Ekland. 8)

Cheers,

Andre

That was a body double!

I just don't get Hollywood - "Get Carter", "The Italian Job" and "The Wicker Man" are all classsics yet we've all had specious remakes in the last few years - does someone in Hollywood think they can do them better or something!

I can't recall who said it, but I've read a quote that you should only remake disappointing movies that didn't live up to their potential, and never remake a classic.

Gus Van Sants "Psycho", anyone..?

Cheers,

Andre