Revell 1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon

Well I've got the main decals on but not anywhere near all the stencils.I used Model Alliance decals for the squadron markings and the kit items for the stencils.

IMG_0764_1.jpg

IMG_0765_1.jpg

IMG_0766_1.jpg

Stephen

Look, you've had two days now....why are we still awaiting the finished project?! :D

Like you, I think this (or maybe the Rafale) will find itself at the top of the "to do" pile. I picked up some Camouflage Grey & Admiralty grey paints for mine but I'd be interested to see & hear how you paint yours as you go along - I'm a bit "wooly" on anything post about 1960!

Cheers

Hi!

I'm curious to know the official overall color of the Eurofighter. I was a little disappointed with the Revell release of it in 1/72 scale. Though the kit was excellent, the prescribed mix of Revell colors amounted to something a bit too dark and too green, nothing like the photos. I read an article in Finescale Modeller where someone used RAF Barley gray which seemed to be the correct color as I've tested the lighting of Gunze's Barley gray on some spare plastic. Would that be correct?

Regards

Hi!

I'm curious to know the official overall color of the Eurofighter. I was a little disappointed with the Revell release of it in 1/72 scale. Though the kit was excellent, the prescribed mix of Revell colors amounted to something a bit too dark and too green, nothing like the photos. I read an article in Finescale Modeller where someone used RAF Barley gray which seemed to be the correct color as I've tested the lighting of Gunze's Barley gray on some spare plastic. Would that be correct?

Regards

The RAF Typhoons are overall BS626 RAF Camouflage Grey previously known as Barley Grey so you should be OK with that.The radome and fin tip are a slightly different shade and I've gone with the best match to my eye.

HTH

Stephen

Stephen,

Off to Farnborough Airshow tomorrow, want me to get some pics of this bird for you?

Martin

That's a very generous offer Martin but I'm very nearly finished the build.Enjoy the show, I wish I was there too

Stephen :banana:

Airbrakes a good fit, NOT!!

Got that right! Mine's gonna be open.

I'm probably gonna put the Stormshadows & Meteors on mine. Not trully authentic for an "early" machine but pretty good looking.

I'm probably gonna put the Stormshadows & Meteors on mine. Not trully authentic for an "early" machine but pretty good looking.

The differences between "early" and "late" serial-production-Eurofighters will be not visible for modellers (even very minor), most of them are inside the plane. I think "early" will be Tranche 1 and "late" should be Tranche 2.

@Stephen

a nice aircraft!

Do You know anything about the accourate colors of the british EF's ???

:banana:

Do You know anything about the accourate colors of the british EF's ???

:lol:

I needed to know the same thing and searhced these forums and came up with this thread which proved useful.

Also two good sites for reference are: -

Eurofighter.com

Eurofighter-Typhoon.co.uk

BTW: Nice work Stephen :blink: .

Hope these help.

regards,

Mike

Edited by Mikeew