F-22 Raptor Future Release possibilities

With Twobobs new decals in the pipes, me thinks a new F-22 may not be too far away.

I would not read anything into the TwoBobs release of the F-22 decals. In his news letter or on here, he stated that the decals were being done at the request of the F-22 community. He had no previous plans to do so since a decent kit was not available.

HTH,

Rodney

I would not read anything into the TwoBobs release of the F-22 decals. In his news letter or on here, he stated that the decals were being done at the request of the F-22 community. He had no previous plans to do so since a decent kit was not available.

HTH,

Rodney

Crud...

Sorry Ricardo that came out as a shot I guess. Let me clarify- I find myself buying more and more Trumpeter kits: the Chinook, the A-7, the F-105 and I'll be the first in line to buy their A-6, AV-8B, and F-100 (if they ever make them). And if they make a 1/32 F-22 I'll probably buy that too. But I would much rather buy kits that are manufactured in just about any other country. So to avoid any further political debate I'll leave it at that. I was making a stupid off handed comment that I probably should kept to myself. It was not meant to be a knock against you or anyone else that likes Trumpeter kits.

Ok, point taken :D

The fact is: Trumpeter kits are getting better and better and are cheaper compared to Tamiya.

Comparing the latest releases, I can get the Trumpeter MiG-29 and A-7 for 90€. If it was a Tamiya release how much would we pay?

The Me 262, which is one of the best kits ever sells for 45€. The 1/35th SA-6 cost me 18.50€ and it's a beautiful kit (with some minor flaws).

Sorry for the off-topic here.

Ricardo

My dream is also that one day I can buy all of my modeling products from communist China! :D

I make an occasional joke about Trumpeter being the "People's Liberation Model Company," but it's meant to be ironic. I think Trumpeter is actually proof (among lots of other evidence) that the mainland Chinese aren't very good communists any longer. Raking in cash by selling high-quality models of military hardware is hardly a commissar-approved, by-the-book Marxist tactic to spread world revolution. :lol:

FWIW, Dave Roof mentioned that a modeling company had done some preliminary work on a kit, but decided to wait till the final production configuration was established, and they could get good references.

Yea, see, if I were a model company exec, I would be terrified of accidently kitting something that then turned out to be not typical of the production fleet. Remember Tamiya's A-10 or F-16? Dismissed as the prototypes, or with too-early ejection seats, etc. And even early in service changes can be made (Escapac seats aboard F-15?). From the company's perspective, perhaps its better to wait a few years, until the USAF's restrictions might cool down, and the changes to F-22 are sifted through. (Although these days, the acceleration of change means that any model of a jet, its pylons, its ordinance is essentially a snapshot) Italeri merrily kits prototypes, but then probably gets burned, having to pay further production costs after the real-scale production models enter the fleet, and other model companies start producing accurate replicas of the production planes.

I'm holding out for Monogram! B) Faithfully recreating the USAF since the 1960s!

Edited by Fishwelding
'Course, ten years from now, when there is a plethora of fresh, new F-22 kits available...someone will be whining for a kit of "the prototype" and they will only be available at swap meets and sell for $100 dur to their "rarity".

We modelers can be a fickle bunch.

RS

:D B)

'Course, ten years from now, when there is a plethora of fresh, new F-22 kits available...someone will be whining for a kit of "the prototype" and they will only be available at swap meets and sell for $100 dur to their "rarity".

We modelers can be a fickle bunch.

RS

No doubt. :D

The trick here is....if they'll let anybody with tape measures and sketchpads/cameras get close enough so they can design a kit to satisfy the likes of us.

Definitely, Italeri had the jump in 1/48th...but I think it would be a monumental feat to produce a 1/32 accurate rendition. Not that I'd mind at all.

Might just be the first $200 msrp kit on the market!

Only if Stevens International distributes it :rolleyes: Fred K