I was wondering if anyone has had any problems using RoG decals? I see they have a flat sheen to them, and wonder if they would give me any problems with silvering? (Perhaps the small decals will?)

Has anyone had any silvering problems with RoG decals? What about having them conform to detail?

Any other advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I had a major problem with the RoG decals for the SH-2 Seasprite. They wrinkled and cracked bad! Others had that problem as well with those particular ones. Not sure what it was because the F-8 Crusader decals I used went on fine.

From what I heard the "Printed in Italy" sheets are easy to use while the "Printed in Germany" sheets can be difficult to work with.

I never had problems dealing with their decals so far

Edited by Erdferkel
I had a major problem with the RoG decals for the SH-2 Seasprite. They wrinkled and cracked bad! Others had that problem as well with those particular ones. Not sure what it was because the F-8 Crusader decals I used went on fine.

Did all the SH-2 decals wrinkle and crack? I am planning on building it soon and just want to know which ones to be careful with. Are there any aftermarket ones available? I can't remember if I looked yet or not.

Matt

Did all the SH-2 decals wrinkle and crack? I am planning on building it soon and just want to know which ones to be careful with. Are there any aftermarket ones available? I can't remember if I looked yet or not.

Matt

Matt,

Most of them did (nose, national insignias, etc). I ended up not using them all. I solved the issue by brushing on a lot of future and sanding (yes, lightly sanding). From afar it is okay, but you can see the issues up close.

I'm on my 3rd Chippy Ho F-18! I haven't tried the decals from this kit yet, but the other two the Eagle head just came apart in pieces, I have an extra set just in case! Usually Revell decals go on great but, for some reason not this kit! Any ideas on this would be great!!

No complaints about the decals that came with the Revell 1:144 Bombardier Challenger CL.604.

Thin, in register with dense colours and no silvering when applied.

Decals from 10 years ago that came in Revell kits..... horrid!

:cheers:

MikeJ

If you're referring to Revell/Monogram stuff, the decals are strong and thick enough to stop a bullet. Try applying future both before and after decal application and it should help even out the finish across the surface.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I treid my Chippy Ho decals from the Revell kit and all 3 of them came apart! I sprayed the decal bonder, used decal set and they still went crazy on me! Man, I wish I'd never sold that Hasegawa Chippy Ho that I had! So, then I decided too use Two Bobs VFA-146 All American Bug and the decals for the nose went crazy also and now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?