1/32 su-27 ub flanker "zacto parts required ??"

hello guys

my girlfriend just bought me the 2 seater

:woot.gif:

first I will build the single seater again but this time it will be fully optioned :thumbsup:

I have the full zacto kit "nose canopy and air intakes" and aires set : cockpit weel bay and exhaust and eduards photoetched parts

My question is : Do I need correct air intakes and nose from zactomodels for the ub version

are they the same for the 2 seater ?

DSC03358.jpg

planning to do this bird :rofl: for the single seat and the twin seat

Su-27UK_3.jpg

Note that the Su-27UB in the photograph is an early-build variant.

It does not have the prominent chaff/flare 'boxes' either side of the tailboom.

You will need to modify it to be accurate..... there are other Ukrainian splinter-camo Su-27's & Su-27UB's - check your refs.

Keep us informed of build progress.

Happy Flankering.....

Ken

Note that the Su-27UB in the photograph is an early-build variant.

It does not have the prominent chaff/flare 'boxes' either side of the tailboom.

You will need to modify it to be accurate..... there are other Ukrainian splinter-camo Su-27's & Su-27UB's - check your refs.

Keep us informed of build progress.

Happy Flankering.....

Ken

Here comes the flanker expert

thks and yes I will update

I have a full set from zacto so I will build the 2 seater first and do dry fit first to see if I really need another nose and air intakes from zactoman

trust me it changes the bird look a lot

and ohhhh my god I need room 3 flanker in 1/32 :doh:

Hi Ghostkiller,

Good luck with your builds. I hope you post an in-progress report so that we can all see how it looks.

IIRC, Trumpeter have improved the intakes for the -UB (it is thought that they copied the resin aftermarket bits) but looking at the comparison pics, even the improved parts are no match for the Zactomodels parts. See here

If you want to build a good looking Flanker, use the Zactomodels corrections for the nose and intakes. :blink:

:huh:

Ok my conclusion :

simple

nose cone : zacto wins by far

air intakes : trumpeters equals in size but zacto wins on details

even if the the copy of zacto master is really obvious

I will go with zacto models :

Zactoman : I will need another set of nose and intakes for the single seat as I will use that one for the 2 seater :thumbsup:

thks Chris :)

????? looks identical to me. So the zacto parts seem a total waste of money.

no no no shape is off for the nose cone

only the intakes shape is good but the panel lines are a bit off

u have to have the zacto parts in hand to understand

my point of view is if I am building a 1/32 scale those differences are a big deal for me and they are more noticeable due to the size

so I would rather use zacto kits

The flanker deserves that :thumbsup:

speacially when I have 2 flanker single seat with corrections added : the UB without them will look like he is not part of the band :)

Ok I will will add comparaison shots in few minutes

I was just wandering if the ub version was using the same parts as the single seat in real life I had a big doubt for some reason on the nose specially :)

The Su-27 and Su-27UB are exactly the same in all parts - except for the upper fuselage, canopy, airbrake shape and fins.

The 1:72 scale Airfix Su-27 and Heller Su-27UB are the same kit - with a new upper fuselage moulding, new two-seat cockpit tub, new canopy & new fins in the Heller kit.

Everything else is the same - dimensionall they are the same (except for the taller fins on the -UB).

Ken

Those part improvements from Trumpeter are good but they still have to put some attention on details. The nose cone is still way off, Zacto's looks far better.

Here a lovely shot to appreciate a late splintered Su-27UB in Ukranian markings, it features the large chaff/flare boxes at the tail boom:

Ukranian SU-27 by Chris Lofting

We need these decals in 1/32!

Considering the already high price of the kit, I would think the UB version should work reasonably well without the Zacto set.

The single-seater on the other hand cries for Zactoman's parts.

I may be wrong (1/32 is not my scale at all), but didn't Trumpeter rework the parts in recent "lots" of the single-seater Flankers? ;)

In any case, I for one am glad the 1/72 kit isn't out yet. Maybe that means the little kits will not suffer from shape errors. :banana:

I may be wrong (1/32 is not my scale at all), but didn't Trumpeter rework the parts in recent "lots" of the single-seater Flankers? ;)

In any case, I for one am glad the 1/72 kit isn't out yet. Maybe that means the little kits will not suffer from shape errors. :banana:

You might be right, Moritz.

What comes to the 1/72 kit, I remember that Haneto was hinting at that direction. They will come although it might still take some time, but when they come, they shouldn't have the problems the "Block 1" Trumpy Flankers have (had?).

I may be wrong (1/32 is not my scale at all), but didn't Trumpeter rework the parts in recent "lots" of the single-seater Flankers? :thumbsup:

In any case, I for one am glad the 1/72 kit isn't out yet. Maybe that means the little kits will not suffer from shape errors. :yahoo:

yes they had redone the single seater

I have it

but not good enough

regarding the tails they are higher

see pics below on the right the ub version

I am adding a comparaison with the nose on dry fit too

pics at same angle and same distance I prefer zacto shape

your thought guys ??

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

Does the single seater, which is manufactured in 2008, also has the corrected parts ? :huh:

Greetz,

Luc

I dont know *when* they started with the corrected parts on single seater, but your best guess is to look inside the box, or ask the seller. But it looks like they started sometime in 2008 yes. I dont know if anyone have spotted differences between old kit, and the "new" kit with improved parts on the box?