Fairey Gannet

Hi There i have a 1/72 nd Fairey Gannet a.s.mk4 kit and i would like to convert it to HMS Ark Royals COD aircraft ,which i beleive was XG790/040 but i have run into some problems ,i cannot find any pictures of this aircraft other than the one on Airliners .net ,i need some pictures of this aircraft so i can find the decal placements and the colour scheme which i beleive is blue can anyone help kind regards :D

I think Modeldecal covered this aircraft (or at least a COD Gannet) on one of its earlier sheets. I can't remember the number, if I come across it I'll post it here.

Hi,

The Modeldecal sheet is no.18

It covers the Mk4 COD Gannet XG786.

The aircraft is Gloss RAF Blue Grey (BS.381C No.633)

The Sheet also has markings for a Sea Hawk F1. Wessex1 Avenger 6.

Oh and the recommended kit is the Frog kit!! Just goes to show how long ago the sheet was printed!

Cant wait to see if the AEW version does come to light from Trumpeter. My Father in Law worked on them many years ago and I am sure he would like one.

The Modeldecal sheet is no.18

It covers the Mk4 COD Gannet XG786.

The aircraft is Gloss RAF Blue Grey (BS.381C No.633)

The Sheet also has markings for a Sea Hawk F1. Wessex1 Avenger 6.

Oh and the recommended kit is the Frog kit!! Just goes to show how long ago the sheet was printed!

And being a complete heli-nutter, I have that sheet for the Wessex bits.

Whatcha gonna pay for the Gannet part??? :thumbsup:

gannet.jpg

Thank You All for your replys they are most helpful ,incidently a few weeks ago i was talking to the Revell rep in my local model shop when he mentioned that Revell are releasing a 1/72 scale Fairey Gannet but he did not know what mark all he said is that it was anew mould i am hoping for a AEW version :cheers: Craig