well I wast completely awared abpout this deal that MiG has offered to India, in fact this is the first time I see some pictures of the MiG-35, any way here´s a link of the offer to India Link here

Now the pictures:

IMG_5614_smKUB.jpg

IMG_5619_smKUB.jpg

IMG_5617_smKUB.jpg

IMG_5624_sm.jpg

IMG_5668_sm.jpg

If there´s anyone with extra info feel free to post PLEEEASE ;)

Now we need a decent UB kit....ressin sets.... ho my :yahoo:

Great pics, Red Star, thanks for posting them.

I wonder what that interesting bulge is under the engine trunking behind the starboard wheel in the 4th photo ??

BTW, it doesn't look as though this particular machine is fitted with OVT (TVC) nozzles - it is missing the characteristic bulges around the nozzles....

day_04_77.jpg

That's not to say that they won't be fitted later................

Ken

Great pics, Red Star, thanks for posting them.

I wonder what that interesting bulge is under the engine trunking behind the starboard wheel in the 4th photo ??

Interesting, seems there's one also under the port engine (1st photo): it seems a little smaller, but it's hard to tell from the distance. Maybe ventral strakes? Chaff/flare lauchers?

Great pics anyway

Addon: Or some kind of Lantirn/targeting pods?

Edited by Yuri

Theres a large multi-page insert about the MiG-29 in its many forms in the January 2007 version of Air Forces monthly, which covers the MiG-35, if you're interested!

The MiG-35 features an AESA radar, 50% greater range than existing MiG-29 variants, and is compatible with all the latest Russian AA and AG weapons. Of note is that whilst both twin and single seat variants are proposed, both versions feature the 'double length' canopy such as that shown in the photos. The interior of the jet will be re-arranged depending on single or twin seat configuration - for the single seat variant a fuel tank and extra avionics bay fills the space and its 'faired over', but the canopy itself that covers the cockpit will remain the same.

Definetely a new kit needed! My god there's only one variant available in 1/72 (and in 1/48?) of this widely-spread important fighter plane! Okay, some eastern manufacturer has a 9-13, but that isn't worth building, at least so I've heard.

I do also hope Trump's gonna save us. May the Hase issue again a twentieth something version of a Tomcat or Bug with new different decals... They'll never give us anything new - and Russian. :cheers:

Ok so I'm a bit confused on MiG terminology....is the MiG 35 the same as the MiG 29M (aka Trumpeter 32nd kit)? I remember reading that the MiG 35 was supposed to have been the export version of the MiG 29M, but that was about 5 years ago

Gawd I miss the good old days of NATO naming...Fulcrum A...Fulcrum B....Fulcrum C..... It seemed so easy back then!

Matt

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for AFM this month or next here in the States

Edited by Matt Roberts
Ok so I'm a bit confused on MiG terminology....is the MiG 35 the same as the MiG 29M (aka Trumpeter 32nd kit)? I remember reading that the MiG 35 was supposed to have been the export version of the MiG 29M, but that was about 5 years ago

Gawd I miss the good old days of NATO naming...Fulcrum A...Fulcrum B....Fulcrum C..... It seemed so easy back then!

Matt

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for AFM this month or next here in the States

No, it's not the same. 29M is 9-15 in the manufacturer's terminology (like the basic Fulcrum was 9-12). I don't recal the factory number of MiG-35 at the moment...

If I understand correctly, the -35 is based of the -29M with the Thrust vectoring engines of the OVT and other goodies besides the new cockpit layout? Any commonalty w/t MiG-29Ks and the earlier Fulcrums?

Ves :thumbsup:

Definetely a new kit needed! My god there's only one variant available in 1/72 (and in 1/48?) of this widely-spread important fighter plane! Okay, some eastern manufacturer has a 9-13, but that isn't worth building, at least so I've heard.

Yes, it's the Condor kit, but it's definitely easier to build a bigger spine (plus some other smaller changes) on the Italeri Fulcrum than to make a good model starting from that kit.

For 1/48 there's a resin conversion from Neomega (once it was available also for 1/72 but it's long OOP) but can't comment it as I'm a strictly 1/72 geek... :D

About MiG-29M and K, the K is based on the M airframe, but with bigger (and folding) wings and bulged wingtips.

Edited by Yuri