I found a few more for tonight.:explode:

I took this one from the Spud lock, right under the centerline. not a very safe place to be, but I got some good photos of planes coming right at me.

hookdown.jpg

lawndart.jpg

tension.jpg

This is all from the Ranger during RAG squadron Car Quals. I've got some crash footage from a couple of mishaps we had during this at sea period I will put a link up to soon. This was the first time I got to work with A-7s and the one thing that I remember the most about them, other than remembering to stay aways from the intake, was how much the exhaust burned my eyes while they were waiting their turn for a cat shot.

R1.jpg

Picture840.jpg

fullsteamahead.jpg

Picture827.jpg

Man, the decks today are so empty! And the Handler still has hissy fits about the number of planes on deck.

Nice shots..keep them coming!

Spongebob

Yep, "back in the day" the deck was full to the gills and every plane had it's spot. Especially on the Midway, if a plane was a foot out of spot in someplaces on deck, it screw the whole deck up.

Here's my favorite helo, the CH-53. In the first photo you can see a forklift at the aft end of the helo. I've offloaded things with a folklift from a turning Super Stallion and it has got to be one of the most unnerving things I ever did. You just don't want to do anything stupid, like run the boom into that tail rotor. :banana: The rotor wash from one lifting off is incredible. I's enough to dust you off the deck if you're not prepared.

Eddie

Picture575.jpg

Picture574.jpg

CV61CH532.jpg

Picture594.jpg

CH1.jpg

Edited by Eddie M.

Alright, I'll give everyone a rest till later.:banana: It raining here and I have to make use of this perfect modeling weather to fabricate some intakes for a Hornet/Phantom hybrid I'm building. More pix later.:coolio:

Eddie

This one is the Ranger leaving Hawaii on the Tiger Cruise back to San Diego after Desert Storm. Those civilians had a blast!

Picture863.jpg

Picture864.jpg

This one shows the Midway's bow stuffed. The Midway's deck was small compared to most back in those days, so if the first bird off the deck for a cycle had an inflight ememgency, we would have to do an emegency pull forward to get that one bird back on deck, then move everything back aft to continue the launch. Ah, the life of the lowly blue shirt.

Picture742.jpg

Edited by Eddie M.