Bad Ebay seller alert - 'havemodelswilltravel'

Be very careful when dealing with this person. Sellers description of the kit I bought follows:

Revell B-52H Bomber 1/144 scale. Box is open and kit parts are in a bag along with instructions. Kit is long out of producation. This one great looking airplane kit to build or just add to your collection.

SHIPPING BY U.S.P.S. WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION

S&H is $6.35 U.S. 48 states. Buyer pays for shipping cost and if necessary insurance (optional). Seller not responsible for item if not insured. Questions about shipping or the item please email before you bid or make a offer.. Shipping discount for two or more kits if they are paid for at the same time.. Check out our other items up for bid and save on Shipping.

PAYMENT BY MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL. NO PERSONAL CHECKS

For payment we take money order or paypal. Payment must be made within ten days after item or items are sold. If paypal is used you MUST have a CONFIRMED ADDRESS here in the United States. We are open for offers on all our items. all sales final...........Check out my other items!Be sure to add me to your favorites list!

Problem with the kit though, it did not come with decals and when questioned about it, seller became very abrasive and related description did not say anything about decals which is why there weren't any. A series of negative emails ensued at which point I opened a dispute through ebay. Nothing became of the dispute. I left a negative feedback with this seller and got the retaliatory negative in return. Was told numerous times that the negative meant nothing to them and they could care less. That night, I got a feedback withdrawal request from this seller wanting to remove the negative feedback. I let it stand. Again, they said they could care less.

Buyer beware with this individual! If they have something you want, ask any and all possible questions you can think of. Don't overlook the obvious. Dealing with this seller was like dealing with an immature child. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they really were just a kid.

Edited by Drifterdon

You are absolutely right Ken. Also, I forgot that the sellar mentioned something in one of their rants about all the cars that they have bought on Ebay without engines in them! Don't know of too many kids buying cars off Ebay.

Don

Don,

I dont like to say it, but I will, the description did not mention the decals so I suppose in his own way he is right. Now we "modellers" would assume they were there, I have got kits on ebay from non modelers and I find you have to ask all sorts of questions that we would not normally ask.

No need for him to be negative or anything like that with the emails though, totally unexcusable. Bad that you got a retalitory negative as well, I wish ebay would do something about this as the only neg I have is of this type but they wont :whistle:

Julien

I tend to agree with Julien. Although it is completely unexcusable for him to be abrasive and abusive like that in emails, at no time does he say the kit is 100% complete.

Perhaps I'm naive, but anytime I list a kit, I show a picture of the kits contents, and specify level of completeness. If I'm buying on Ebay, unless it says 100% complete, buyer beware. If you only assume, like theold saying goes, it makes and a s s out of u and me.

All of the above said, I'll avoid the guy, but simply to avoid the possibility of Dunlap-like emails.

I'm sorry guys but this sellar was speaking in "half truths". Yes he said the box was open and parts are sealed in a plastic bag. But he knew there were no decals and should have said so! This guy has a business selling kits on Ebay. When I sell a kit and there is something wrong with the kit, I let the potential buyer know. You would think since this guy may be trying to make a living doing this, he would try a little harder with customer courtesy. He's just a snake oil salesman! I have sold many kits on ebay as well as here on ARC and on Hyperscale. Many had open boxes, had parts out of the polybags, had parts off the sprue, or might have been missing a part or two. I put this in the description of the kit! I don't leave some half true item description. I guess it all boils down to how ethical you are. Sure, you can say the guy was truthful, in his view, but it was deceptive as well. Would the odds of selling the kit have been as good if he had said the decals were missing? Probably not. I know I wouldn't have bid on the kit. The only reason I bid on it in the first place was because of the markings that were supposed to have been in the kit. Call me naive as well, when I see someone on ebay or here selling a model and they say that the box is open and the parts are still sealed in the plastic bag, I figure the decals and clear parts are also with the kit. If not, the sellar would have the decency to tell me it's not 100% complete.

It seems that lately, Ebay has been breeding some really unsavory types. Don't get me wrong, 99% of everyone that I've come across have led to some really pleasant transactions. It's this 1% that just chaps my hide and ruins it for all the rest of us.

My point in all of this is if you come across this guy and he has something you just have to have, "ASK..ASK..ASK!" I'm not telling you to not deal with him, just beware and know what you're getting into.

And if you do deal with him, be advised, he leaves a negative feedback on you if you leave him a neutral feedback and he'll leave you a negative feedback if you leave a positive feedback but say something negative about him.

I'll get off my soapbox now...

Don

This guy has a business selling kits on Ebay.

Don

Now this throws a whole new light on it, if he has a buisness selling this stuff he knows that having no decals will devalue the kit and this is why he did not mention it!

Total *(&%$$£!

Julien

• 5 weeks later...
Now this throws a whole new light on it, if he has a buisness selling this stuff he knows that having no decals will devalue the kit and this is why he did not mention it!

Total *(&%$$£!

Julien

I appreciate this information. He is currently auctioning a B-58 Hustler on ebay with a BIN option. I don't know this seller at all, and anyone, including me, can screw up from time to time, but for now I think I will hold off. There are some great traders here on ARC. I think I'll at least start here for my future purchases when possible.

Regards, Greg

• 2 months later...

Check his feedback and the feedback he leaves in response. This moron posted NEGATIVE retaliatory feedback against people who left him positives or neutrals, but with some minor complaint in their comments. First time I have ever seen anybody post negative feedback for receiving positive feedback. Must be filled with self-loathing and definitely has issues. Not someone to deal with. :woot.gif:

I recently bought a kit on ebay where the seller (who was a rep for the actual owner of the kit) said that the kit was complete. Well when I got my Hasegawa 1/48 F-4F in the mail from them, it was most certainly complete but the seller forgot to mention all parts were off the sprues, the cockpit was painted and the wings, tanks and landing gear were all assembled!! :woot.gif:

Sometimes if it seems like the deal is to good....it probably is.

I paid 15 bucks plus shipping but just decided to not leave feedback rather than get into a pissing match with a seller over something that they just will leave negative feedback in retaliation. Ebay pretty much does nothing with complaints. Its sad people cant act like adults when it comes to simple things isnt it??

• 6 months later...

I was just informed that 'havemodelswilltravel' also operates under the name of 'mountainofmodelstosell'. :coolio:

I checked it out on e-bay and both are using the same M.O. and leave the same feedback replies. They both leave retaliatory negative feedbacks on neutral and positive feedback but with something derogatory in the text. They both have the same command of the english language as a high school drop-out. There is no question they are one and the same.

Use extra caution when dealing with this scam artist. Before you bid or buy, ASK! ASK! ASK! Even then, be prepared for a bad experience.

Don

• 3 months later...

"havemodelwilltravel" also known as "mountainofmodelstosell" is now "thetrainperson". I guess when negative feedbacks start to pile up, it's time for a name change. Beware this moron as many have fallen prey to his/her crappy ebay practices. Any negative or less than stellar feedback on your part will elicit a negative back at you.

Be very very wary. If you absolutely have to have the kit they are selling, enter into bidding with both eyes open and be ready for the worst.

Don

Don,

This is very good info, thanks a bunch, I buy a few models on ebay fromn time to time and I do come across this guys auctions occasionally but I will definitely not buy anything from him, too bad it's people like this that are taking the fun out of ebay.

Eric Strohmeyer

Wow! I was just looking at his new feedback and he allready has a negative and is slinging mud at the other guy, what a POS!!!

Edited by Fat Russian

I thought I recognized the name. I had ordered a magazine from him. Thank God had no problems!

I guess I'll look into it a bit more in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

RG

As from 15/16 may sellers can no longer leave neg feedback . only positive (i believe) and buyer can feel free to neg without retalitory f/b .. thats what e-bay says in latest bulletin

Yep, it looks like he's letting his auctions run out. I'll bet his going to start him a new name. Take a look at the negative feedbacks he leaves his buyers. Seems that he will neg you even if you leave him a positive. Judging by his past names seems he will neg all this current sales before he starts his new name. I would not deal with this guy seems he's nothing but bad news. If any of you happen to learn of his new name post it here so we can keep this guy in check.

Take care

Matt

Edited by ThunderchiefMatt70

Checking my ebay has shown me the 'havemodelswilltravel' has changed his name to 'poorpersonsellingmodelcollection'. I'm not sure how ebay does this but it seems the putz goes from one name to another and even runs several names at once. Like Matt said, if anyone comes across their new name, post it here so we are all aware. The common link with all of them is he lists his location as IL, United States. So..... keep your eyes out for this guy. :thumbsup:

Don

• 1 month later...
Checking my ebay has shown me the 'havemodelswilltravel' has changed his name to 'poorpersonsellingmodelcollection'. I'm not sure how ebay does this but it seems the putz goes from one name to another and even runs several names at once. Like Matt said, if anyone comes across their new name, post it here so we are all aware. The common link with all of them is he lists his location as IL, United States. So..... keep your eyes out for this guy. :thumbsup:

Don

Well, I was thinking this sounded familiar but, reading this last post it's not the same guy.

I got shafted by trainmaster1010 from Cascadia ,Oregon back in May and since closed his account!

Sent a MO for $24.49 which I recently went to the USPO to have it traced. Dude was an Ebay Powerseller & had a store too. I received 1 email form him and then nothing.

So be weary of this clown.

• 1 year later...
Be very careful when dealing with this person. Sellers description of the kit I bought follows:

Revell B-52H Bomber 1/144 scale. Box is open and kit parts are in a bag along with instructions. Kit is long out of producation. This one great looking airplane kit to build or just add to your collection.

SHIPPING BY U.S.P.S. WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION

S&H is $6.35 U.S. 48 states. Buyer pays for shipping cost and if necessary insurance (optional). Seller not responsible for item if not insured. Questions about shipping or the item please email before you bid or make a offer.. Shipping discount for two or more kits if they are paid for at the same time.. Check out our other items up for bid and save on Shipping.

PAYMENT BY MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL. NO PERSONAL CHECKS

For payment we take money order or paypal. Payment must be made within ten days after item or items are sold. If paypal is used you MUST have a CONFIRMED ADDRESS here in the United States. We are open for offers on all our items. all sales final...........Check out my other items!Be sure to add me to your favorites list!

Problem with the kit though, it did not come with decals and when questioned about it, seller became very abrasive and related description did not say anything about decals which is why there weren't any. A series of negative emails ensued at which point I opened a dispute through ebay. Nothing became of the dispute. I left a negative feedback with this seller and got the retaliatory negative in return. Was told numerous times that the negative meant nothing to them and they could care less. That night, I got a feedback withdrawal request from this seller wanting to remove the negative feedback. I let it stand. Again, they said they could care less.

Buyer beware with this individual! If they have something you want, ask any and all possible questions you can think of. Don't overlook the obvious. Dealing with this seller was like dealing with an immature child. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they really were just a kid.

"Havemodelswilltravel" may be back. Check out the feedback left by "greatkitgiveaway" at http://myworld.ebay.com/greatkitgiveaway

Wow, just wow, this seller has issues, my big question is why Ebay allows him to continue selling?

Money makes the world go around

The world go around

The world go around

Money makes the world go around

It makes the world go 'round.

A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound

A buck or a pound

A buck or a pound

Is all that makes the world go around,

That clinking clanking sound

Can make the world go 'round.

Seriously, look at the fees he pulls in, and they'll just let it ride till there are too many complaints.

• 2 weeks later...