Thanks guys. I now have an assembled airframe, but the build is slowing down as I prepare to shoot some paint. I'll post some pics just before I get to that step.

:cheers:

Sorry Ron, no chance of a finish before Monday. Maybe phantom or Uncle Rick could do it, but not me.

• 2 weeks later...

Back with an update. It's taken me quite a while to bring it to this stage. Shortly after the airframe was assembled, I lost interest in the kit for a while. At the risk of getting shot for saying this, IMHO the kit is actually TOO good. The kit is so well engineered, I have found that very little modelling effort is required. The kit is basically building itself. There have been no seams to deal with, no parts that don't fit perfectly, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic kit, but I'm finding the build a little on the boring side as a result of the kit's engineering. My next build will have to be a CA kit or something like it, so I can remember how to use a sanding stick.......

At any rate, here she is before the airbrush came out:

P4261676.jpg

P4261677.jpg

And after the base coat was sprayed:

P4281689.jpg

Still some post-shading to do, then I'll get it ready for decals.

Thanks for looking.

............................... At the risk of getting shot for saying this, IMHO the kit is actually TOO good. The kit is so well engineered, I have found that very little modelling effort is required. The kit is basically building itself. There have been no seams to deal with, no parts that don't fit perfectly, etc. ............ it's a fantastic kit,

:cheers: :blink:

Now, that's my kind of kit!!

I've got to get one of these.

Looking good Kevin.

:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I do appreciate it. Post shading will take place this evening, so it will look a bit more interesting later on.

Kevin,nice work,whats next on the bench after this. :cheers:

Gonna take a bit of a break from aircraft for a little while, just to recharge the batteries. Next up will either be the 1/35 Cyberhobby Sd.Kfz.171 Panther F with Friulmodel tracks, or the 1/35 Dragon M51 'Isherman' Premium kit.

Simply beautiful job-can't wait to see it done!

Nicely done Sir!

regards,

Pig

You are too kind sir. Even if I did everything right, and to the best of my abilities, she'd still be a far cry from your award winners.

Post shading is now complete, so it looks a bit more interesting than before. I didn't do anything fancy. The Neutral Grey areas were given a mist of Light Ghost Grey, and the Gunship Grey areas were given a mist of Neutral Grey and Tamiya Dk. Grey in a somewhat a random pattern. Those areas were then given a highly thinned mist of the original base coat color. Fairly simple, and I like the results they gave. Unlike previous builds, I didn't go nuts with the post shading, and I think the results look just about right. I also toned down the radome, as I didn't like the contrast once the base coat was sprayed. A few pics to demonstrate.

P4301697.JPG

P4301698.JPG

P4301700.JPG

This now has to cure overnight, then I can shoot some Future. I suspect she'll be wearing her colors by week's end.

Thanks for looking.

:)

No update, just better pics in the sunshine outside.

P5011701.jpg

P5011702.jpg

P5011703.jpg

And with the close-up of the cockpit, you can see I didn't shake my Gunze Flat Clear well enough before spraying the pilot. I guess I'll have to gloss him over again and re-spray. Oh well. Stuff happens.

P5011705.jpg

Next round of pics will be when the decals are on. See you then.

:)

Ah, don't worry about the pilot - just say he is a sweaty guy and he had a bit of a 'scare' on his last landing. Those nomex suits don't breathe very well.

Kidding aside, the model looks great!

Thanks guys. My interest in the build has been restored, now that I see a finish line.

So, what will the markings be? I read you were using Twobobs, but I must have overlooked which set you were using. Shaw or SP?

Markings will be the Shaw Tiger Boss Bird. As always, I'm leaving loadout accuracy at the curb however, as mine will be fully loaded. It would be a shame to waste all those things that go boom. She'll carry 4 x AIM-120B's, 2 x GBU-31 JDAM's and three fuel tanks.

Thanks guys. My interest in the build has been restored, now that I see a finish line.

Markings will be the Shaw Tiger Boss Bird. As always, I'm leaving loadout accuracy at the curb however, as mine will be fully loaded. It would be a shame to waste all those things that go boom. She'll carry 4 x AIM-120B's, 2 x GBU-31 JDAM's and three fuel tanks.

Looks good Kevin, I like your attitude

Well, with the hockey game going on in the background last night (GO SENS GO!), I was able to get all the decals on the airframe. The TwoBobs decals behaved flawlessly. This was my first time using TwoBobs, and needless to say, I was very impressed.

P5061741.jpg

P5061743.jpg

P5061744.jpg

A few little bits of detail painting to do, plus the ordnance, then it will be ready for weathering. Next you see her, it will be done. See you at the finish line......

Edited by smithery

Gorgeous, Kevin, simply gorgeous. Although at this point, I would not want to be rolling down the runway just yet. Looks like one of the maintenance crew have forgotten the tires. That would create a lot of sparks, I think!

:huh:

Those TwoBobs decals look phenomenal. I will have to give them a shot one day.

Looks awesome Kev! The Flat coat will really finish it off. I havnt done anything cause im working in Sudbury for the last 3 weeks with only 2 months to go. Looks like im going to be buying you a few wobbly pops.

Have a great one budy

Trev

Edited by Thundervett

Thanks guys. Things will slow down a little bit, as I still have to paint/mask the JDAM's before I can add decals to all the ordnance. Once that's done, I'll add the wash and flat coat to everything at once. There aren't too amny fiddly bits to deal with, so that said, I see this one done by the end of this week.

Although at this point, I would not want to be rolling down the runway just yet. Looks like one of the maintenance crew have forgotten the tires. That would create a lot of sparks, I think!

Not too many sparks, considering the engine is gone too........:huh: