Hello from Afgahnistan!!!

Hello all,

well since I've hit the half way point of my deployment here, I figured I'd get some new stuff out. I started with some morning shots, I'm working on my "Artistic side" of picture taking...still a work in progress. :whistle:

P6210001.jpg

P6210006.jpg

P6220001.jpg

This was a very big surprise when these guys showed up. I think I know what they are, but can a copter guy help me out??

Tigers.jpg

And every once in awhile I see some other countries cool planes. To quote a famous movie, " It has curtins and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol"

Tu-000.jpg

More to come...

Duane

Cool stuf dude!!

I was at Kandahar with the Royal Netherlands Airforce from nov-march. Seen alot of helo stuf, even the special ops chinook, very cool. Have a save 3 months!!!

Take care.

Gr Jan P

This was a very big surprise when these guys showed up. I think I know what they are, but can a copter guy help me out??

Tigers.jpg

Hi from Italy,

the chopters on the pictures are Italian Army (Esercito Italiano) Agusta A.129CBT Mangusta, deployed down there since the last 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

S

And of course everybody love's A-10s. :cheers:

DSC01375.jpg

Duane

:o

those look soooooo clean man!!!! i bet if i model one that clean i'd be lectured on how they are not sparkly clean in real life.

all kidding aside, GREAT pictures!!!!

do you take requests?

how about some Hinds??!!! please!!!:blink:

Shark

Wow! Great photos Duane!!

The afternoon sun with the mountain backdrops is just awesome.

And . . . I love the Dragon and Bulldog. They ought to be coming back about the same time you do.

Thanks again for sharing these Front Line photos!

Take good care - ATB

- Rip -

Hi from Italy,

the chopters on the pictures are Italian Army (Esercito Italiano) Agusta A.129CBT Mangusta, deployed down there since the last 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

S

Uumm, ok, so I didn't know what they were, thanks for clearing that up for me. It was really cool though to see them, really a great looking bird. :cheers:

Wow! Great photos Duane!!

The afternoon sun with the mountain backdrops is just awesome.

And . . . I love the Dragon and Bulldog. They ought to be coming back about the same time you do.

Thanks again for sharing these Front Line photos!

Take good care - ATB

- Rip -

Thanks a bunch Wally, that means a bunch. I've been trying different things with morning shots since I'm mostly on the flightline from sun-up to about mid-day. Most of the best light is latter in the afternoon when I get off, so I sometimes find reasons to stick around for a while longer. :popcorn: Yep, I should be out of here right around the same time these Warthogs leave and a new unit comes in, haven't heard who that might be.

those look soooooo clean man!!!! i bet if i model one that clean i'd be lectured on how they are not sparkly clean in real life.

all kidding aside, GREAT pictures!!!!

do you take requests?

how about some Hinds??!!! please!!!:D

Shark

Oh, believe me, these guys ain't clean anymore. That picture was taken a few weeks after they arrived, right now pritty much all of them are carring around a good chunck of Afghanistan in durt and grime. I'll post a few pictures of some when they first got here and when they are done to show the difference. As for requests, I can try. Sorry, I haven't seen any Hinds, but here is some other Russian made stuff...

Some Mi-8s...

P4190062.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

And some cagro haulers...

P4240008.jpg

P6040008.jpg

P5170002.jpg

P6230012.jpg

Well, off to fight the bad guys, thanks everbody. More to come! :touche:

Duane

:tumble:

Here are a couple of more pictures, still working on that artistic side. I took these this morning, I finally got a decent A-10 shot...wish the Prowler shot had come out better. :thumbsup:

Duane

:D

P6270009.jpg

P6270006.jpg

NICE!!!! thank you!!! who'se Mi8 is the cammo one?

stay safe and thank you for your efforts!

Shark

hiya

without a number on it, its hard to tell whos operating it, but heres another pic of it :thumbsup:

hipfunaj5.jpg

do we want old hind pics or new hind pics? :)