1:72 italeri MI-24V macedonian airforce

so this will be my next project starting form next week,i wont build this one supre fast as most of my models but i will take it slowly cos i want to detail it as much as possible :) but i cant decide wich one,i have only one kit but if could find another one i will make another :D i will probably make one that was active in the war in 2001,so what u say wich one of the followng?

MIL-24---56.jpg

mil-24---318.jpg

MIL-24---261.jpg

MIL-24---257.jpg

MIL-24---252.jpg

MIL-24---233.jpg

here are two more pics

P1010045.jpg

8303.jpg

@su-34 this is my idea of a diorama,maybe i will make one with two su-25 ub and A version but i cant find theese ural trucks :cheers: and also soldiers and mechanics and pilots in 1:72 :D

odbrana117-43.gif

Edited by dragan_mig31

Hmm, tough one! Both the three-tone splinter and the grey clover-leaf camo look cool. If I had to decide I'd say... both! But the grey clover first.

Anthony is right. ICM is what you should be looking for. Don't know whether they have this type of refueller, though.

Be advised that the Italeri Hind's main rotor is turning the wrong way round! When seen from above, it should turn clock-wise. The kit's main rotor, however, turns counter-clockwise!

Hmm, tough one! Both the three-tone splinter and the grey clover-leaf camo look cool. If I had to decide I'd say... both! But the grey clover first.

Anthony is right. ICM is what you should be looking for. Don't know whether they have this type of refueller, though.

Be advised that the Italeri Hind's main rotor is turning the wrong way round! When seen from above, it should turn clock-wise. The kit's main rotor, however, turns counter-clockwise!

i know about the rotor i will try to scratch the mechanizm cos on the italeri kit is partly wrong.i will try to find theese trucks and also i have a problem in findig soldiers and mechanics

hello I´m not sure but i thnik that none of these hinds in the pics is V version they all semm to be D. But I´m not Hind expert . I can be wrong.

they are v ersion,u can tell that by the at-6 lauchers and the IFF antenae that is triangle shaped,on the D version is different it is like 3 rods.

My friend good luck with your model!!!!!!! It looks impressive. I would ask you if you can change the title of your post from macedonian to skopia cause Macedonian is Greek, please.

Thank you and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

I would ask you if you can change the title of your post from macedonian to skopia cause Macedonian is Greek, please.

I would have to disagree on this matter. Changing the name doesn't cover up the fact - Macedonia was a Yugoslav republic and is an indepedent country now, and noone can change this fact... but getting into details would mean going into policitcal off-topic debate, and that's the last thing I want in this thread...

I would have to disagree on this matter. Changing the name doesn't cover up the fact - Macedonia was a Yugoslav republic and is an indepedent country now, and noone can change this fact... but getting into details would mean going into policitcal off-topic debate, and that's the last thing I want in this thread...

yes i agree sebastijane i wont enter any argue on political matter cos it would get ugly and non of us wants that,you know i am serbian that lives in macedonia but i still hate whan someone speaks of macedonia like this,i will not change the name and i will post pics in a couople of days :bandhead2:

p.s. the forum purpuse is not to argue about our countryies disagreeing about certain matter but to promote modeling and to exchange modling expiriance :cheers:

p.p.s. for everyone to know SKOPJE is the capital city of REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA!

best regards :)

Edited by dragan_mig31

I don't want to argue with anyone about politics but i am sorry my friends, until the official conversations end there is no “Macedonia†as Country. There is only Fyrom (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia).

Just for the knowledge from the ancient times Macedonia is the north territory of Greece.

Thanks

Without getting into the various regional emotionalisms--plastic knows no borders--I love the new Macedonian splinter scheme (reminds me of Romanian Lancer colors). Does anyone have picture of the right side of these Hinds? I can only seem to find pics from the left.

Also, does anyone make decals for the "new" Macedonian roundel--the red diamond, yellow triangles? I suppose they wouldn't be too hard to make from scratch though.

Looking forward to seeing this build progress.

Edited by david sMiGielski

ICM has a line of nice Urals and ZiLs, but none of them are of the type in the picture - which actually isn't a fuel truck, but an APA starter unit. I've been dreaming of one too and as there are quite good walkarounds available, might scratch-build it on some ICM chassis.

<...> --plastic knows no borders-- <...>

Very well put! :thumbsup:

Sounds like this could be the tag line for ARC. With people from all over the world, it does seem fitting.

ICM has a line of nice Urals and ZiLs, but none of them are of the type in the picture - which actually isn't a fuel truck, but an APA starter unit.

My bad! :doh:

My dear friends.

The title should be change to its official UN name "FYROM".

Macedonian was, is and will be one of the greatest parts of Ancient History of Greece for over 3000 years and nobody can change this. Three great territories existed among other smallers in Greece. Athenians, Macedonias, Spartans.

It would be better for everybody, to stay beyond legal borders of historical and political facts, instead of "feeding" matters out of modelling.

Alex Kontiveis

Alex--

Since you're new here, below is from the forum rules of the road.

---Political Posts

Effective immediately, we will immediately delete political posts or entire threads which degenerate into political debates. If posts or threads are removed, and a new one appears as a continuation, it will be removed as well. The vast majority of these invariably evolve into name-calling and flame wars, and can result in bad feelings amongst people who otherwise have a good relationship. Country and politician bashing will not be tolerated. There are plenty of other sites to discuss politics. We, like the rest of you, come here to get away from these types of discussions and share our interest in aviation and modeling......the tie that binds us all.---

I think everyone needs to take a breath before a thread that a lot of people are interested in gets locked down (which I think would be a first for an In-Progress thread).

:thumbsup:

As a fellow modeler mentioned before me the official name used by the UN is FYROM and not Macedonia or Republic of macedonia

would anyone else like to see the history to be deleted?

when alexander the great lives or the Athenians or Spartans etc there was no Yugoslavia or FYROM or anything else over there exsist.

its modelling fellows,no political matter (at least in this forum) so lets use the official names given instead of giving feed for argue.

look i will say this only once this is no propaganda post,people that live in macedonia can call them selfs and their country as they like that is their constitutional right even the USA and half and more of the eu and the world aknowlages that,so i dont see why u are so hurt by this,i wont change the topic name in fyrom cos u like to be that way,i will left it as it is,cos MACEDONIAN AIRFORCE IS NOT CALLED SKOPJE OR FYROM AIRFORCE YOU COULD SEE THAT ON THE SIDE OF THE 201 MI-24 IT CLEARLY SAYS MAF and i dont plan to go on your level to argue about what is what and what is greek or macedonian cos that is redicilous and low life like and stupid,i am sorry if i have ofended u in any way,but the name fyrom is only in the UN like that cos of greece the only country ind the universe that finds it a problem the name macedonian,and i dont see how macedonia nad macedonias are greek otherwise they would be called greek :)

best regards

Dragan Cvetic

Ok....everyone time to calm down.

Macedonia is a province of Greece. There is also a part of the former Yugoslavia called Macedonia. The official UN designated name is FYROM....Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Would the name "Republic of Macedonia" be an acceptable compromise?

I know it will be impossible to make both sides happy in this dispute.......I am looking for a solution that both sides can live with here on the forums. I don't expect there will be a solution to make both sides happy.

Alexander the Great is the best known Macedonian although I'm sure there was many more as well as a few that are alive today.

The people of Yugoslavia have been through a brutal civil war and their country is recovering and trying to find itself as it forms into smaller republics. This process as we have seen will take many years and until then we need to find a compromise we can live with on ARC that will bring peace.

If we can't find that peace, then peace will be enforced on everyone in the form of suspended accounts.

As I have friends on both sides of this issue I am not interested in suspending accounts but I will do it to bring peace to ARC.

Please gentlemen.....try to find a compromise. ARC is neutral ground where we come to share what we have in common.

Steve B

ARC Owner

................. i dont see how macedonia nad macedonias are greek otherwise they would be called greek :banana:

best regards

Dragan Cvetic

The explanation is quite simple but seems too difficult for you. Hellenes speak and read the same language that their ansestors used . It has been also been proved by linguists. A modern greek can easily read an ancient Macedonian inscription such as Pella Katadesmos, for the simple reason…they both speak essentially the same language. On the contrary, the Slavic inhabitants of FYROM that are descendants of the Slavic tribes which arrived in the area around the 6th century, according to internationally acknowledged historians and linguists around the world, speak a slavic language, similar to Bulgarian and…they cant read an ancient macedonian insciption for the simple reason, they dont speak Greek!!