You don't see these every day

Them things gotta be some seriously sturdy jackstands!! :worship:

No kidding! It takes 6 of 'em to hold a KC-135 up and only FOUR!!! for a Tripple-7! Amazing! A couple other pics. One of the gear coming up on my KC-135 and one of Diamond Head. Hey! We had to stay somewhere while we were waiting for parts! (You don't see that everyday! Unless you live there I guess!)

010_7_0001.jpg

005_2_0002.jpg

Mark

Edited by Mark O. Williams
The thrust reversers in air is pretty wild. I would have guessed those had some sort of weight-on-wheels safeguard.

Most do. The biggest concern is if one opens and the other doesn't or if one closes and the other doesn't. Slightly different scenario, but there was a situation with a DHC-8 (I believe) several years back in Canada where the pilot pulled the props in reverse on short final to help slow the plane and get it down but when he came out of reverse, because of a misinstalled part, one of the props stayed in reverse. They ended up crashing into a hangar I seem to recall.

Edited by David Walker
I know that some DC-8's ( for sure the dash 63 type ) in the early days could reverese only the inboard eng's in the air , to work as a kind of speedbrakes .................

Henk "Omar"

True. I recently flew with a captain who had flown the diesel 8 and use of thrust reverser in the air as a speed brake was common.