1/72 A-101A Warthog

This is the Italeri kit, with the Aires detail set added. I didn't use most of the gun assembly, just the barrel and shroud, as I didn't want the open panels. Weapons other than the MK 82s are from the kit, and the load-out was taken from the Two Bob's decal sheet.

Paints are mix of Gunze and Polly Scale with a sludge wash,, pastels and some airbrush shading for the weathering.

Can I again mention how great Two Bob's decals are... <_<

fta1002.jpg

fta1001.jpg

fta1003.jpg

fta1004.jpg

fta1005.jpg

fta1006.jpg

Joe,

really nice job as usual on the paint and weathering. Couple of very minor things...the vents on the left front fuselage are mounted backwards. Here are a couple of pics - in fact, most, if not all have been removed from the fleet. And the slats on the inboard wings should be more flat.

As a note, this is the first time I have ever found something to "be critical" on one of your models :blink:

a10_103FW_790108_Left_Forward_Fusealge.jpg

a10_103FW_820646_Left_Front_Fuselage_02.jpg

Thanks guys.

Ken: Thanks for the heads up. I swear I went by Italeri's instructions on the vents, as far as direction goes, maybe I'm wrong. That's what I get for not using reference photos. The slats are sitting right on the small elevated pieces Italeri provides to raise them like that. Someone in my club questioned that too. I appreciate the info.

Thanks guys.

Ken: Thanks for the heads up. I swear I went by Italeri's instructions on the vents, as far as direction goes, maybe I'm wrong. That's what I get for not using reference photos. The slats are sitting right on the small elevated pieces Italeri provides to raise them like that. Someone in my club questioned that too. I appreciate the info.

Joe, well, we know Italeri sometimes :salute:

I have a walkaround section on the A-10 here:

http://www.103rdfighterwing.com/gallery/a-...k_standard.html

I need to add more photos, but may be helpful if you do another A-10

Again, really nice work on yours