"I'm afraid he's gone and done something rather rash&quot

Oy vey...

Well, I went and did it.

P7280210.jpg

I had three SH-3H kits. When I'm done, I should have an HH-3A, HH-3E and an S-67.

The E is first in the pipe. The A will be a much simpler conversion and the S-67... well... lets see how that one goes.

If you hadn't noticed by now, I like this whole armed helicopter thing....

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

8 hours...

P7290214.jpg

Been working on the tailboom while the fuselage putty dries.

I just had a freaky occurrence. I'm building this helicopter as HH-3E 64-14237. It was one of few H-3s that used the TAT-102A turret sponsons in combat. This helicopter crashed and was destroyed thirty nine years ago TODAY.

Very weird.

Jon

You must be the ONLY guy in Alabama who can say "Oy vey!" and get away with it. :lol:

Ah, well, I got away with it for a while. Its easier saying it in Maryland. :(

As for beer cans, I'm home with the flu, so no beer for me today.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

How do you keep the Bondo putty fumes from spontaneously combusting when you strike a match? And I can't believe your wife lets you do your modeling in front of the TV like that!

That's a darn fine chop job you have going there. I have a real hard time taking a razor saw to any kit that's worth more than $10!!!

Ive been planning this build for a while. Measured exactly which panel lines I had to cut on, and exactly how I needed to do it. If I wasn't going to get two helicopters out of this, I never would have done it. The S-67 is just going to be a bit tougher.

I was a bit hesitant to chop up two kits, but I figure what the heck am I gonna do with three SH-3H's?

Jon

PS, does anyone have a spare set of Belcher Bits short sponsons for the SH-3? I'm gonna do my third one as an HH-3A and need a pair.

Edited by Cobrahistorian