1/72 Douglas DC-3 Swissair

Hi All

Here we go with my fourth finished model. Yes I'm still counting and yes I don't know why. It's a 1/72 DC-3 from Revell. First time that I airbrushed a whole model. There are some small inaccuracies and mistakes BUT I like how it turned out. I'd appreciate any critique to help me to increase my skills. And here are the pictures:

Outdoor shots: (I know about the silvering but for any reason you can just see it on the photos but not in reality)

p1040027fy1.jpg

p1040032hc9.jpg

p1040036kn9.jpg

p1040041ra6.jpg

p1040045eg3.jpg

p1040053cw6.jpg

p1040066ma9.jpg

p1040067xx0.jpg

p1040071ym1.jpg

On the shelf:

shelfnt6.jpg

Daniel

That is a really nice DC-3! It is hard to believe it is in 1/72 scale. I like your outdoor shots, gives it the "air" :rofl: of reality.

The base is a nice touch as well. You might want to touch up the white on the Swiss cross a bit, it looks a tad jagged in places. That should be easy to fix with a very fine brush and some Tamiya masking tape. Natural Metal Finishes are never easy to accomplish. For your next one, you might consider a couple of different shades of NMF just to give some variation to the panels on the model. Just a suggestion, though. I like your build very much. Keep on posting your builds! :thumbsup:

Hi Daniel,

Nice DC! :thumbsup:

Can you please tell us what materiel the fence in your diorama is? (is it from Busch HO 1/87 accessories perhaps?)

Again, for a 4th model it's top! (hell, I made over fourty allready but ain't exactly able to replicate such a nice paintjob :deadhorse1: )

Cheers!

Niki

:)

Edited by niki4703

Build looks great and I have about the same comments as above, vary your NMF finish a bit and touch up the tail. If I had to rate it, she'd get an 8.5, not a bad effort for your forth model. Heck some of mine come out far worse than yours, and I've been doing it a bit longer. Dont let negative comments get you down, use them as constructive criticism for your next build. Speaking of next, whats on the bench for us to enjoy next???

Jack aka BUGFAN

Edited by Bugfan

Thanks for the kind words and critics. :wacko:

Answer Time

Can you please tell us what materiel the fence in your diorama is? (is it from Busch HO 1/87 accessories perhaps?)

It's ordinary fly screen. Plus some short wires to build posts. Pretty innovative :D

Speaking of next, whats on the bench for us to enjoy next???

Next model (i've already started) is a locomotive, a 1/87 Big Boy. So no airplane :cheers: . If you want to see how it turns out let me know. Maybe i'll find a section to post pics when it's finished. But after that little "choo choo train" i want to build a WWII plane. I don't know which one but don't worry, i'll find one.

Daniel